Mysterious News Announcement on the Official site...

Well, we could have known in advance it had to do with H. I can imagine that some people do not like this stuff, but this kind of songwriting reminds me of Psycho Motel material. I like it, makes me curious for more songs so I´ll get the album.

What a deception. I was hoping for something else than just another second-hand album. It won't change my opinion that Adrian is an highly overrated songwriter, unable to write some decent stuff on his own, Wasted Years, Stranger and SeA of Madness beeing the only exceptions. They should keep all this countdown stuff for Maiden stuff.

Hmm, I wish I remember how Tyranny of Souls was promoted when it came out. Seriously, would people be disappointed if that would be promoted via the Maiden website.... nah. So, it´s normal that Adrian´s music will have some attention here as well. The fact that you don´t like it has not much to do with that choice. And what does a countdown matter... as I said, H clearly had to do with it. So, why the F not complain in advance.. if the song would have been great, people wouldn´t have complained about the issuance on Maiden´s site.

Twitter guy is right, we hyped this. They only put a little banner announcement that lasted less than two days, and everyone imagined something big.

In retrospect the hints given by the twitter feed and the banner in the site practically confirmed what this announcement was a while ago; the maiden community did indeed overhype what was meant to be a smaller fun bit of news.

Yeah I do agree with you there, I think part of the problem is that we've been starved of proper Maiden news since August, there's still nothing solid regarding the DVD and everyone is anticipating the next tour/album. Anything short of that is going to cause complaints. Hell, there were lots of complaints when The Final Frontier was announced purely due to the artwork!

1st off, I think it's a great song and shows a very unique and different style of Adrian's playing. I'm loving it!

2nd off, the reason I believe they hyped it so much is because past Maiden member side projects have never done that well because many Maiden fans aren't aware of them. It's nice to see one of them finally get some good recognition like this. I really hope it does well.

After a first listen, I enjoyed the song. I'm looking forward to the album. The Psycho Motel albums were quite good (the second moreso than the first), if H can put out something as good as that, I'll be very happy

Listening to the song for the second time, now and I quite enjoy it; it reminds me a lot of Voivod on Negatron/Phobos albums with Eric Forrest. There's a lot of interesting vocals tones by Goodman and Adrian's got a heavy but tripping and to the point guitar work and tone. It seems more interesting stuff will come from the duo's album, which is apparently called Awoken Broken.

Yes Mr. Twitter is right. You guys overhyped it. It was a small banner that hinted toward H's project anyway. Even on Twitter, the guy giving hints of what it was about and people still thought it was an album or DVD or something, when he said several times it wasn't. Now people are calling this guy a tool? If it was a giant countdown on the site then sure, I could understand, but it was just a small banner that lasted two days.

Some people need a timeout.

I think it's a pretty good song and I don't have any problem with it being promoted in Maiden's site. Seriously guys, it's not a big crime to do that.

The album will come out on 27 February, which is Adrian's 55th birthday (probably no coincidence). :cheers:

What a pile of garbage. probably took them about 10 mins to come up with music n lyrics. Its just one repetitive groove and some snakey song on top of that. They cant really have been putting any effort into this. And peaople who actually like this, wtf do you find appealing?? Maiden wouldnt even put it up as a B-side.

Yes Mr. Twitter is right. You guys overhyped it. It was a small banner that hinted toward H's project anyway. Even on Twitter, the guy giving hints of what it was about and people still thought it was an album or DVD or something, when he said several times it wasn't. Now people are calling this guy a tool? If it was a giant countdown on the site then sure, I could understand, but it was just a small banner that lasted two days.

Some people need a timeout.
By people you mean me and I stand by it. Tool! We've been starved of news and then we get a teaser. Doesn't matter if it's two weeks, two days or two hours a teaser was not needed. Just a standard announcement would've done for this. Tool tool tool!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What a pile of garbage. probably took them about 10 mins to come up with music n lyrics. Its just one repetitive groove and some snakey song on top of that. They cant really have been putting any effort into this. And peaople who actually like this, wtf do you find appealing?? Maiden wouldnt even put it up as a B-side.
Harsh... its not that bad and theres no problem with a bit of groove, im starting to get into the lyrical side of it now. its something new but it isnt bad

Back