Most Underrated Maiden Song

Which Iron Maiden song do you think is most under looked?

• Still Life

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • another song

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
The Wicker Man and Brave New World have been played more than Blood Brothers. Dance of Death comes after these three.
No, BB has more overall plays. All three never got dropped on the BNW tour. BB has had 2010, 2011, 2016 and 2017.
TWM has had all of Give Me Ed..., 2010 and 2011. BNW has had over half of Give Me Ed, all of DOD and 2010.

I think the most underrated is The Thin Line Between Love & Hate. Literally brought me to tears before

I used to find Bruce's vocals in the clean section near the end very corny, he reminded me of something from a Disney film. I saw the light though, now I bloody love it.

My pick is another Dave track, Judas Be My Guide. That should've gone down as a classic from the 90s era, sadly it's been forgotten. The intro is really strong, very atmospheric and... spooky, Dave's guitar tone is absolutely gorgeous on this song, all three of his solos (intro, main, outro) are fantastic, the chorus is infectious and doesn't overstay it's welcome, it's got great energy and pace. I wish they had released this as a single or at least played it live, it deserves a lot more recognition.

TNOTB - Total Eclipse
POM - Still Life
Powerslave - Back In The Village
SIT - TLOTDR
NPFTD - NPFTD
FOTD - Judas be My Guide
X Factor - Blood On The World's Hands
BNW - TTBLAH
DOD - Rainmaker
AMLOAD - Tie between BTATS and LOL
TFF - Tie between Isle Of Avalon and Starblind
TBOS - The Man Of Sorrows

TNOTB - Total Eclipse
POM - Still Life
Powerslave - Back In The Village
SIT - TLOTDR
NPFTD - NPFTD
FOTD - Judas be My Guide
X Factor - Blood On The World's Hands
BNW - TTBLAH
DOD - Rainmaker
AMLOAD - Tie between BTATS and LOL
TFF - Tie between Isle Of Avalon and Starblind
TBOS - The Man Of Sorrows

Agree with all save for those three. Rainmaker I can kind of understand, even though it was a single and survived past one tour it seems to have been forgotten about, it would've worked well in place of Wrathchild on TBOS Tour. But Thousand Suns and Starblind? They seem to be the songs held in the highest regard from those albums. I don't care much for TFF, but Starblind is probably my favourite from it and Thousand Suns is tied with FTGGOG as my top from AMOLAD. What makes you say they are underrated?

Agree with all save for those three. Rainmaker I can kind of understand, even though it was a single and survived past one tour it seems to have been forgotten about, it would've worked well in place of Wrathchild on TBOS Tour. But Thousand Suns and Starblind? They seem to be the songs held in the highest regard from those albums. I don't care much for TFF, but Starblind is probably my favourite from it and Thousand Suns is tied with FTGGOG as my top from AMOLAD. What makes you say they are underrated?

They don't get so much praise from general fanbase as they should (here they do, but elsewhere they don't).

Paschendale and BTATS are the closest Maiden have gotten to the level of storytelling and picturesque music to Hallowed and Rime.

Starblind is a forgotten song by non-hardcore fans.

Run Silent Run Deep is also very underrated ! Great chorus and guitar melodies/harmonies and atmosphere of the song.

I know that Bruce has said that this is the worst Maiden song, but this is far away from the truth !

Back