Most Overrated Maiden Song

Genghis Khan and Sea of Madness were 64 and 65 in the head-to-head tournament. Transylvania was 48.
Paschendale and Rime were 4 and 1, so NP is certainly going after more highly ranked songs.

I think Sea of Madness could be the band's most underrated song along with Flash of the Blade and The Duellists.

Reactions: Jer
Nah. Gates of Tomorrow is the most underrated. Wasn't it in the bottom 10? Ridiculous.

And then you have CSIT. A song that wouldn't pierce the top half of Maiden's catalog for me. And it was top 10. That's even more ridiculous.

Nah. Gates of Tomorrow is the most underrated. Wasn't it in the bottom 10? Ridiculous.

And then you have CSIT. A song that wouldn't pierce the top half of Maiden's catalog for me. And it was top 10. That's even more ridiculous.

Their places were fine, in my opinion. I wouldn't put CSIT in my Top 10 but it wouldn't be so far away from there while I consider Gates of Tomorrow a weak song.

Gates of Tomorrow certainly does not deserve a bottom 10, so in that sense I guess it is underrated here.

I do quite like the song, there's just something about it so that it doesn't do much for me. It's not by any measure a bad song, I just think it's slightly overrated.

That's a tough one... I'd almost say Run to the Hills IMO but as someone said earlier, its not really overrated so much as overplayed or they're most well known song. I really like Run to the Hills as it was the first song that got me into Maiden. Trying to think right now, I can't think of any other songs I'd consider overrated...might require some more thought.

I agree with Abas, I personally think "2 Minutes 2 Midnight" is one of Iron Maiden's more overrated songs. It's good, but I don't think it's one of Maiden's absolute best classics.

While I thoroughly enjoyed El Vivo's version, I must say that this song has indeed been overplayed. The "easy way" to speak.

Both Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight are overrated, simply because most of the people tend to take them and add the last two tracks as their songs to listen to from Powerslave. The four tracks between are incredibly underrated. Powerslave and Rime deserve their credit, but AH and 2MtM ? Nope.

Running Free ... still kinda cool live, but I could care less if I ever heard it again. If they want to close shows with a shorter rocker, I'd prefer Sanctuary (or better yet something like Prowler) over this.

Twilight Zone is vastly underrated IMO ... I like it better than Sanctuary or Total Eclipse in the original songs that did not make albums but were included later category

I am generally sick of Run to the Hills, but I still really like it live .. though I rarely listen to it at home

I'd have to say Running Free. I love the song, because its catchy, but it just isn't Maiden. It sounds too different to their usual style, and its quite bland, unless its a 7-minute encore edition at the end of a concert, then it is a really enjoyable song.

Otherwise, I really do think Fear of the Dark is a bit overrated. Again, I love the song, but it just isn't something I can listen to all the time, opposed to something like Hallowed Be Thy Name or NOTB

There's a few songs that most Maiden fans love that I don't (and vice versa), but if we're saying what song is overplayed, overhyped, and overrated?

The Number of the Beast.

Back