Most Overrated Maiden Song

Hissy_Fit said:
Rime of the Ancient Mariner- I DESPISE it. It's repetitie, boring and gets on my nerves.

OH NO YOU DI'NT !

I was able to tolerate the Paschendale remarks because they were a matter of opinion, even though I disagree with my heart & soul, but you DID NOT just go there ! ROTAM is arguably one of the greatest Maiden songs of all time. It's a little repetitive vocally, but certainly not musically & definitely not lyrically. It's also a very theatrical song that's awesome to watch on stage. When I was thirteen (two years ago) my parents finally let my sister & I go to our first Maiden concert. I never really much cared for ROTAM because I didn't have the patience to sit through 13 minutes of one song, but I totally regretted that when Bruce came out in that cloak & the fog began to clear on stage. It was magnificent, breathtaking & the greatest memory of my young life ! Take a re-listen with these things in mind. Also, keep the moral in mind. Listen to the guitars. That driving bass. The drums are pretty awesome too. :) My theory : people that don't like ROTAM never really gave it a fair chance. I did that with this song & Stranger in a Strange Land, & now I'm absolutely in love with them. I can't imagine someone going the rest of their life without hearing ROTAM, even though I know many people have.

As for overrated songs, my vote goes to The Evil That Men Do. The song never really got to me. CIPWM, 22AA & IM are honourable mentions.

Hey, Hissy-Fit: try to listen to Rime on a night with the sky full of stars, on the countryside...  :yey:  :innocent:     

By the way, since i kinda like Run to the Hills, i don't think it's overrated.

I like RTTH. It's overPLAYED not overrated. & It's only really overplayed because of friggin' Rock Band.

I find it ironic that the person who didn't like ROTAM's name is Hissy_Fit, but I feel like I'M the one that threw the hissy fit. XD I just love ROTAM so much. <3

I can't really do it, because im a fanatic Maiden fan.
But i guess RTTH is overPLAYED, thus making it overrated. Same goes for TNOTB.

Maidens most overrated song is in my opinion Run to the Hills, why? Because people who arent even real fans of Iron Maiden know this song. Just about any metal fan knows of this song!

Hey im not saying its a bad song because it happens to be a vital piece to my personal favorite album, but it just kinda pisses me off how so many people know this song so they say they like Iron Maiden, when they really dont know any other song BUT Run to the Hills.

Don't you just hate Rock Band for ruining it for all of us ? -_- I'm tired of hearing someone sing RTTH & me going up to them saying, "OMGSH, you're a Maiden fan ?" & them saying, "Yeah ! RTTH & NOTB are awesome !" Then I say, "What about ATSS ?" & they have no idea what I'm talking about. So then I go on, & they say, "Actually I just know the two. From Rock Band."

My heart gets crushed a little every time this happens.

Some Hearts said:
Don't you just hate Rock Band for ruining it for all of us ? -_- I'm tired of hearing someone sing RTTH & me going up to them saying, "OMGSH, you're a Maiden fan ?" & them saying, "Yeah ! RTTH & NOTB are awesome !" Then I say, "What about ATSS ?" & they have no idea what I'm talking about. So then I go on, & they say, "Actually I just know the two. From Rock Band."

My heart gets crushed a little every time this happens.
Sorry,  I just had to ask,  OMGSH? :huh:

Dantif3r said:
Maidens most overrated song is in my opinion Run to the Hills, why? Because people who arent even real fans of Iron Maiden know this song. Just about any metal fan knows of this song!

So this is the same case with Hallowed be thy Name, then? And Peace Sells too? And how about Master of Puppets, As I Am, Raining Blood, Ace of Spades, Iron Man, Highway Star, Chop Suey, Shout at the Devil, Holy Diver, Cowboys From Hell, Everytime I Die, You Could Be Mine, Another Piece of Meat, Painkiller, Doctor Doctor, Epic, Stargazer, Crazy Train, Running With the Devil, I Wanna Rock... Need I say more? :p

Edit: Haha Sneaky! OMGSH! :D

OMGSH!

Some Hearts said:
LMFAO. OMGSH = Oh my gosh. Sorry, I know, people get irritated that I don't swear.

OMGSH? I thought it went for Oh My God Some Hearts  :bigsmile:
But I don't have a clue what LMFAO goes to...

In general, Run to the Hills, Fear of the Dark and The Trooper. Overplayed and overrated.

On this site, Revelations, The Clansman and Dream of Mirrors.

Hmm. In general, Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark and Run to the Hills, for certain. The other popularly played songs (TNotB, HBTN, 2MTM) are all very good, but those three are played more than they deserve.

Among the more hardcore fans (this forum):
Genghis Khan
Sea of Madness

To be honest, that was originally conceived as a whole list, but I looked through the whole discography and that was all I felt confident in saying. Really, I love pretty much every Maiden song, so I would generally be better at making an underrated than overrated list. But, yeah, I'd say Genghis Khan and Sea of Madness are most overrated. Madness just doesn't really do it for me, though it is very good; and in my opinion, Transylvania and Losfer Words are both better songs than Genghis Khan, while the general attitude here seems to be that Khan is the best instrumental.

Transylvania is considered to be a better song than Genghis Khan on this forum if I'm not mistaken.

Fear of the Dark is the only overrated song to me.
And I prefer Transylvania to Genghis Khan. :)

Back