Misheard lyrics

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. From The Evil That Men Do:

Living on a razor's edge
Bouncing on the ledge...

I thought I misheard the lyrics to Alice in Chains "Red Giant"... turns out this line was correct.

Blowing up like a red giant, expansive, a star
And I'm coming to burn this down and laugh my ass off

And I said, "What about 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'?"
She said, "I think I remember that film
And as I recall, I think the book kinda hurt it."
And I said, "Well that's one thing we've got."

Until very recently I thought the chorus of "Lightning Strikes Twice" was "lightning, lightning strikes twice" instead of "maybe lightning strikes twice". I swear it still sounds that way...

Until very recently I thought the chorus of "Lightning Strikes Twice" was "lightning, lightning strikes twice" instead of "maybe lightning strikes twice". I swear it still sounds that way...
At least, you must have had a better sound system than mine, because back when it was released, I heard "Maybe lightning waf waf".

Last edited:
Same here, until I recently saw the Blaze acoustic version. I thought he changed it, so I checked the lyrics out.

I can hear "maybe" really clear on the original version now I know. Weird!

Reactions: Jer
For Moonchild... the opening lyrics always sounded more like:

"I am he, the flawless one"

Or

"I am he, the lawless one"

Instead of:

"I am he, the bornless one"

And... in those ancient, pre-Google days of my youth, when everyone lived in caves & hunted Wooly Mammoths, my classmates wasted waaaay too much time over the lyrics of REM's "The One I Love"... 'cause Michael Stipe wouldn't pronounce the "P" at the end of prop! AARRGH!!! (Nearly 30 years later, I still remember someone insisting it was a "simple bra -- to occupy my time")

Sigh... If we coulda only Google'd the lyrics... everything woulda been different.

"Passing knowledge to those
Who don’t know"

I heard it like " Passing knowledge to those who aren't at home"

"Have you run your fingers down the wall " was for me " Have you run your fingers down the hole"

Until very recently I thought the chorus of "Lightning Strikes Twice" was "lightning, lightning strikes twice" instead of "maybe lightning strikes twice.

What, it isn't "lightning"?! I thought it was too, makes sense with the title. Well I'll be.

Reactions: Jer
Two more I thought about today:

Dua Lipa - "New Rules": Two; Don't let him in, your wife will kick him out again

The Jam - "Eton Rifles": Eat trifles!

Back