Metallica

It's a heavy metal show that costs more than $100 a ticket at the cheapest. 10 minutes of that shouldn't be spent on a half-assed cover of a non-Metallica song.
Whatever your hopelessly dumb argument is, it is completely invalidated by the existence of this clip alone:
That is fucking amazing, and frankly I'd be over the moon if I happened to be at that gig and they just pulled off a Hassisen kone classic. So there you go. Five minutes out of an 18 song set is nothing, especially considering that solo bit is purely extra on top of the 18 other songs they're playing, and frankly I'd consider it a sign of respect they actually went through the trouble of trying to learn the song (not to mention the language!) just for a short bit sandwiched between songs. That'd be an extra on top of the 80 or so euros, not a detriment.

Metallica will do another European stadium tour in summer 2019. I think I'll have to give it a miss. The ticket for the 02 Arena was expensive enough. Sad!

I'd go if they came here but not sure I'd bother going abroad for them. Maybe if they kicked out Lars, or played an 80's setlist.

I’ve never seen them live, so this time I will try my best to see them somewhere in Europe before it’s too late

Metallica will do another European stadium tour in summer 2019. I think I'll have to give it a miss. The ticket for the 02 Arena was expensive enough. Sad!

Saw them live in 1999 and thought about seeing them live again at the O2 in 2017, but the ticket prices put me off.

I think the price is worth it, they play for 2 hours and mix up the set lists, best atmosphere of any gig I’ve been to

If they play ‘in the round’ again, even a nosebleed won’t be bad

larsulrichroberttrujillopolarmusic_638.jpg

This photo is just so, so weird.:blink:

Yeah, Lars definitely looks like a Bond villain and Rob is the big henchman with one ridiculous weakness.
Both look like some particularly evil girl characters from a comics, one plotting world domination and the other one having second thoughts. Or an alternative plan.

You’d think LARS could easily afford multiple hair transplants. Fair play he keeps the skullet.
Well, as much as I like to bag this band. I am not a fan of the last 25 years of Metallica material, and really amazed by the enduring popularity of this band which came about due to the black album and primarily the "Enter Sandman" song and accompanying video.

But anyways. I give credit to Lars for not being so vain as to getting cosmetic surgery done. Keeping it real. The band's merits are their musicianship and composing skill rather than sexy looks, which is rife in the mainstream music industry.

Back