Metallica

It's funny how James and Lars are like "we're not taking part in this" and disappear when they do this. :innocent:

It's apparently a regular part of the show now...Kirk and Rob doing a crappy version of a famous band from whatever country/city they're playing in?

In Norway they did A-Ha...and in Denmark they did Gasolin....In Manchester they did Oasis....

Cringe.

It's apparently a regular part of the show now...Kirk and Rob doing a crappy version of a famous band from whatever country/city they're playing in?

In Norway they did A-Ha...and in Denmark they did Gasolin....In Manchester they did Oasis....

Cringe.
This kind of thinking is so alien to me. So they're doodling local songs with probably ten minutes of practice each and this is "cringe" and somehow indefensibly awful? They're having fun and not giving a shit, and the audiences seem to enjoy it too, both on the videos and on YouTube. Yeah it sounds crappy, that's what you get when you learn just enough to basically run through the song once. It's a heavy metal show, it doesn't have to be all grim and serious.

This kind of thinking is so alien to me. So they're doodling local songs with probably ten minutes of practice each and this is "cringe" and somehow indefensibly awful? They're having fun and not giving a shit, and the audiences seem to enjoy it too, both on the videos and on YouTube. Yeah it sounds crappy, that's what you get when you learn just enough to basically run through the song once. It's a heavy metal show, it doesn't have to be all grim and serious.

It's a heavy metal show that costs more than $100 a ticket at the cheapest. 10 minutes of that shouldn't be spent on a half-assed cover of a non-Metallica song.

It's a heavy metal show that costs more than $100 a ticket at the cheapest. 10 minutes of that shouldn't be spent on a half-assed cover of a non-Metallica song.

The bass/guitar doodle part is a mainstay of Metallica shows and has been for years. They're not allocating any additional time to the covers, it's just them replacing Kirk's solo with a random cover basically.

This kind of thinking is so alien to me. So they're doodling local songs with probably ten minutes of practice each and this is "cringe" and somehow indefensibly awful? They're having fun and not giving a shit,

I didn't say it was indefensibly awful but watching Trujillo sing Dancing Queen by ABBA (and I like ABBA by the way) while Kirk was clowning around was cringe no matter how you put it :lol:

It feel like I've heard that last sentence, "They are having fun and not giving a shit" a million times when it comes to Metallica. Must be some kind of way for fans to deal with the shit they come up with :p

In Manchester they did Oasis....
It's a bit strange to hear people singing an Oasis song and giving the horns during it at a Metal show. The bee at the end is some sort of symbol of Manchester and is in reference to the terrorist attack after the Ariana Grande concert last year which was at that very venue.

Back