Metallica

Anyway, I just listened to the four other songs Sixes and Foro recommended to me. Halo on Fire was pretty good in the instrumental section, but why the six minutes before it? The rest was just naff.

I can easily someone who doesn't care for James' vocals not enjoy this album. Because his vocals overall and vocal hooks are usually the highlights for me.

OK, for someone whose standard is Ride the Lightning I guess I can understand you not liking it Perun. You need to at least appreciate some of the Load/Reload era material and of course Black Album stuff to accept the new 'Tallica album as one of their better ones.

It's like those Maiden fans who wants a new Powerslave, never gonna happen! :D

The slower and calmer songs aside, I rather hear the debut album style with more harmony and melody and with better singing.

Ive yet to listen to their new album. The general consensus is, yet again for Metallica of late, divided. I do have a feeling I might be good with it I mean I really like Death Magnetic.

There was some moments on DM that I loved, there was some moments I thought was just OK. All Nightmare Long ranks, for me, as one of their best ever songs.

If you liked Death Magnetic I think you'll like the new album. Unless you thought DM was too catchy....
I disagree. I love DM and this new album is a disappointment IMO. I'd say if you liked Black Album/(Re)Load and don't care much for thrash-Metallica, you'll like this album.

It certainly sounds like it. Probably would even more so if it had that rough stripped down early days production.

Back