Metallica

You can say what you want about Metallica, one of my favorite bands, but what I really like about the band is their All within my hands organisation. They have just donated 250k dollars to fight the wildfires on Hawaii. And they have donated quite alot to other great causes over the years. Respect!
Doesn't Kirk live in Hawaii?

I agreed with Metallica about the Napster thing then and I still think they were right. People give them shit for not making Master Of Puppets over and over. I also think they are one of the best bands at treating their fans right. They seem to genuinely care about them and not just as people to fleece.

You can say what you want about Metallica, one of my favorite bands, but what I really like about the band is their All within my hands organisation. They have just donated 250k dollars to fight the wildfires on Hawaii. And they have donated quite alot to other great causes over the years. Respect!

The All Within My Hands organisation is a great idea. I wish other millionaire bands would do something similar…

Metallica are not my favourite band, but I take my hats off to them for giving so much money to people in need.

I also take my hats off to them for doing things like the current tour, playing completely different sets at each of the gigs they play in each city. Thanks to them streaming the last couple of shows in cinemas worldwide, I got to see them play the following 32 songs over both shows:

Seek and Destroy and Whiplash from Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, Creeping Death and The Call of Ktulu from Ride the Lightning
Battery, Master of Puppets, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Leper Messiah and Orion from Master of Puppets
One and Harvester of Sorrow from ...And Justice for All
Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Wherever I May Roam and Nothing Else Matters from Metallica
King Nothing from Load (plus the intro to Outlaw Torn at night #2)
Fuel from Reload
Whiskey in the Jar from Garage Inc.
No Leaf Clover from S&M
Dirty Window from St. Anger
The Day that Never Comes from Death Magnetic
Hardwired and Moth into the Flame from Hardwired... to Self-Destruct
72 Seasons, Shadows Follow, You Must Burn!, Lux Æterna, If Darkness Had a Son and Too Far Gone? from 72 Seasons

Learning more about the All Within My Hands organisation before the show was quite inspirational too. An example to follow.

me-trying-to-unstick-my-balls-trying-to-untick-my-balls.gif

I agreed with Metallica about the Napster thing then and I still think they were right. People give them shit for not making Master Of Puppets over and over. I also think they are one of the best bands at treating their fans right. They seem to genuinely care about them and not just as people to fleece.
Except for what they did with Death Magnetic.
Turn the volume up so high in the hopes for increased sales that it is all distorted. It's kinda like them shitting on their fans.
And turning down the volume on Jason in AJFA as a nasty hazing prank. It's as if, through their hate and immaturity, they forgot their fans existed.
And then for St Anger they decided to take the only band member that had his shit together (Kirk) and remove what he does well out of that album. So you were left with an angry and broken James screaming nonsense (tic tock, tick toc), A Lars slapping the shit out of an unmaintained drum set,, a producer twiddling on bass cause they just couldn't be bothered getting a bassist, and a lead guitarist who they told wouldn't be allowed to play lead guitar.
It seems they wanted to produce the very worst album possible. Maybe they wanted to test their fans loyalty. Give them diarrhoea in a bucket and see if they would gladly pay to slurp it all up and then spend the rest of their days defending this album to others.

Last edited:
New generation CNG and electric Ivecos dressed specifically for the tour of the heavy metal band Metallica

Do you like heavy metal? The American group is in the middle of the M72 World Tour, which will end at the end of September 2024. On the European part which will fill stadiums across the continent from May to July 2024, Iveco supports them with electric and gas trucks and minibuses. natural, allowing the group to reduce its carbon footprint.

This historic partnership was announced this week at the launch of its completely renewed range in Barcelona. Metallica electric and GNC S-Ways have been customized with a specially designed livery in the colors of the band's 72 Seasons album. They will join the caravan, transporting the band and their equipment to their concerts in Munich, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Warsaw and Madrid.

This special edition has matte black bodywork and a bright yellow finish on the cabin side, while the grille features the iconic Metallica logo airbrushed. The eDaily and Daily Natural Gas minibuses, also in a Metallica Special Edition livery, will provide shuttle service for the band's crew during the concerts.

To highlight this partnership, Iveco is inviting truck drivers, regardless of the make of their vehicle, to submit videos of themselves jamming to Metallica music for a chance to win concert tickets. - M.F.

IVECO_S-Way_Metallica_special_livery.jpg

James - GUITARS history:

I would love such a book with pictures for Maiden and for my favorite bands.
There is one by Geddy Lee and there are more and more in the pipeline (I know Steve Vai has one coming).

Sadly, Maiden guys don't strike me like people who would do this. They even don't do rig rundowns (unless they are super condensed and filmed by IM cameraman). The only true rig rundown was that Davey one from 2011 (by TC Electronic, I believe).

Plus, they are not guitar collectors, shich is usually the main reason behind guitarists doing this.

Last edited:
James - GUITARS history:

I would love such a book with pictures for Maiden and for my favorite bands.
Johnny Marr from The Smiths just released one, too. I definitely plan on reading that at some point. Different genre entirely of course but he's an amazing guitarist.

Dude re-recorded and re-arranged all of AJFA and turned it into a death metal album. I played a couple snippets of it and it sounded amazing, never thought I’d hear “One” in such a deeply dark fashion. I’ve gotta play the whole thing now.

Top 10 Metallica songs for me, as of now:

1. Master Of Puppets
2. One
3. Creeping Death
4. Blackened
5. Enter Sandman
6. Battery
7. Fade To Black
8. Hit The Lights
9. Fight Fire With Fire
10. Better Than You

Hon'ble mentions:

No Remorse
Jump In The Fire
Trapped Under Ice
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Spit Out The Bone

Needs more “Welcome Home (Sanitarium)” and less Reload!
Hardly one song there from Reload!
I had to read #10 like three times and decided I needed another coffee.
Its a good enough song! Jason's backing vocals in it are equivalent to Cliff's "Die!" chant in Creeping Death and the first solo is one of my favourite guitar parts by Kirk!

Last edited:
My Top 10 :

1) Master Of Puppets
2) For Whom The Bell Tolls
3) Enter Sandman
4) Welcome Home Sanitarium
5) Blackened
6) One
7) Sad But True
8) Nothing Else Matters
9) Whiplash
10) Holier Than Thou