Metallica

S&M 2: This Time It's Not S&M 1

Setlist speculation time! Sounds like a good opportunity to bring back "No Leaf Clover". If that happens I will swim to San Francisco to witness it.
The played it last year so it's very likely to happen again.

Metallica are doing S&M 2 on the 6th September in San Fran
I don't mean to sound negative but unless Lars is planning to relearn basic timekeeping, this is going to be such a clusterfuck it's impossible to put in words.

I'm curious if they'll play some of the songs they considered for last time like Orion and The Unforgiven (honestly, probably) and if we'll see some Load era rarities. Hell, maybe they'll finally play Fixxxer. Who knows? It totally could happen.

They are going to play songs that were released after the original S&M, which means that we are likely going to hear something from St. Anger.:D

Ahhh, I see you've been back on the sugar binge.
Wrong. Salt is a good preservative. It keeps bodies from rotting. Hence, if you’re killing me with the DM shit, you can just pick me up and force my empty husk to watch the show.

I don't mean to sound negative but unless Lars is planning to relearn basic timekeeping, this is going to be such a clusterfuck it's impossible to put in words.

I'm curious if they'll play some of the songs they considered for last time like Orion and The Unforgiven (honestly, probably) and if we'll see some Load era rarities. Hell, maybe they'll finally play Fixxxer. Who knows? It totally could happen.
Or Fade to black, The day that never comes or Low man’s lyrics? And I hope they will play Until it sleeps again! And of course No leaf clover and -Human

I really hope they play Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn and Hero of the Day again. All three have been absent for a long time from regular setlist rotation (discounting the couple of acoustic performances they recently did, Hero of the Day has last been played in friggin' 1999) and they worked decently well with orchestration the first time around.

Unfortunately I already know those songs are the ones they'll replace with newer material. Count on it. Lars I bet doesn't really even want to dig out the old ride either so songs like Until It Sleeps or HotD would just get their dynamics completely ruined by china spam.

'St. Anger' in its entirety with an orchestra. Beautiful. :)

:lol: :lol:

The first time round it was REALLY disappointing, like trying to listen to an old analogue radio and getting two different stations at the same time as a result of not having tuned in to the right station (one playing classical music, the other playing Metallica music).

This time round it would probably be even worse, considering Lars Ulrich's free interpretation of time keeping.

I think some newer songs (Broken, Beat and Scarred and Atlas, Rise for example) could work really, especially if strings parts of the orchestra are not just following Kirk. To be honest, original S&M is 50:50 for me. While there are some songs which grew on me especially because of that album (Call of Ktulu) I think a lot of them were half-assed. I don't know how it went down, but on certain songs it seemed like neither Metallica, neither Kamen knew what to do and just improvised badly on the spot. I hope this new guy does his homework and practice before they do the actual thing.

I think ‘The Day That Never Comes’ is a given. That song would work well with an orchestra. Anyone thinking they could pull out ‘Unforgiven 3’?

Back