Metallica

I think ‘The Day That Never Comes’ is a given. That song would work well with an orchestra. Anyone thinking they could pull out ‘Unforgiven 3’?
I'm hesitant to say "count on it" but they did play it last year so yeah, it's very possible. The only reason I could see them not do it is if they play the original instead or something. All three would be great too, but that'd just be a bit wasteful - they ought to have a better variety of songs.

I think ‘The Day That Never Comes’ is a given. That song would work well with an orchestra. Anyone thinking they could pull out ‘Unforgiven 3’?

Forgot about Unforgiven 3, yeah it's likely going to get played.
And yes, Unforgiven 2 is a joke. Playing all 3 would be a waste of time.

Doesn't sound like anyone's going to see S&M2 anyway, pre-sale tickets got snapped up by fuckin' robots. Some are being resold for over $1,000. When are people going to start cracking down on this?

“Jump In The Fire” ought to work...
Yeah but that song is absolutely terrible, so no thanks. Play something good instead.

Also I hope they cut out stuff like Fuel, Battery and The Memory Remains because not only did the orchestra not work on any of those, it kind of actively detracted. I bet they won't, though. Unfortunately.

I contemplated going to the Manchester one but I didn't because of the prices, not a bad setlist at all and I would have liked to have seen all that live, except for maybe LOS

Not sure if everyone cares about spoilers or not.. Metallica shook things up with their setlist and played
Frantic and Lords of Summer
today.

Definitely some odd choices...

And definitely not the ones that would make me purchase a ticket.

Back