Metallica

Well, last night they indeed played Here Comes Revenge for the first time...:):eek:

Yes they did; I was there...but of course we missed all but the end of the song because my son needed to go to the bathroom before the song started.

Crowd was amazing but The 8 hour 1 way drive sucked though!

Best surprise for me was Ride the Lightning! It was my 1st cd by them & the title track is an all time fav of mine. New material sounded good. The 2 opening songs from Hardwired were heavy as hell live. Crowd really enjoyed Master (I especially loved that James & Kirk were on our side of the stage during the slow part with James' solo). This was my first time to see Hit the Lights live! The video imagry throughout One of soldiers faces & then marching really added to the experience.

Was worth the 10 year wait in between shows. Especially glad my boy got to see them because Metallica are not getting any younger...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2019/united-supermarkets-arena-lubbock-tx-4392fbf7.html

What sucks is James did not announce Revenge before they played it. After he said "Don't know if y'all know that song since we've never played it before. I'm just glad we made it all the way through!"

What sucks is James did not announce Revenge before they played it. After he said "Don't know if y'all know that song since we've never played it before. I'm just glad we made it all the way through!"
Imagine if they had played Fixxxer while you had the toilet break.

There are shows where his voice cracks so often that it is painful to listen to... He has never been a good singer, but his style works well for Metallica's music. Yeah! :lol:
If you mean the current tour, then yes, he's starting to sound a bit tired. Of course he had his weaker years as well. Hopefully he doesn't sound too bad in july when I'll see them for the first time.

I've never considered Metallica's post-Justice musicianship to be good. It's not bad, but most of the stuff they've released since the 90s just sounds too basic. Lars, for example, never again sounded as good as he did on Justice, in my opinion, which is still my favorite Metallica album as far as drumming is concerned.

Lars, for example, never again sounded as good as he did on Justice, in my opinion, which is still my favorite Metallica album as far as drumming is concerned.
I agree with this. But Hetfield didn't decrease at all in my opinion.

Back