Metallica

Lars got better with age, goddammit, why am I always the odd person out? :mad:

I bet even Lars himself would disagree with you.

Older Lars can't carry AFJA-era Lars' jockstraps. Dude was fresh off drum lessons, high on coke, with a chip on his shoulder. He clearly had something to prove, he even got the producer to bury Jason's bass in order for his bass drums to be more prominent in the mix. He cared a lot.

Let's say he didn't get better with skills, but on every album since the self-titled one, I really do think he played on his strengths over trying to go faster than anyone else, and I like that more.

By the way, is there a pattern they are following when it comes to their setlists? I can see there are some songs that are always played and some that alternate, but perhaps someone could clarify if there is a pattern.

By the way, is there a pattern they are following when it comes to their setlists? I can see there are some songs that are always played and some that alternate, but perhaps someone could clarify if there is a pattern.
There is a certain pattern but it's actually quite complicated and I can't really explain it.

I beg to differ. Each to their own I guess. :)
Obviously Maiden's songs are often better but Metallica utilizes their catalog quite well in my opinion.

About the setlist rotation:
The encore opener is always either Battery, FFWF, Spit Out the Bone or Blackened. These rotate all the time
10th song of the show is usually something from Kill em all. Most likely Hit the Lights, Whiplash or Motorbreath
The 4th song is likely either something from Black Album or Ride the Lightning(the song). Could also be a random rarity/less played song
The 9th song rotates between Halo on Fire and Sanitarium
The Unforgiven used to rotate with Fade to Black. (Fade was dropped recently so now it's just Unforgiven)
Songs 7 and 11 are a Reload single and Creeping Death. These switch places depending on whether they play Fuel or Memory. They may also play something from Hardwired instead.

These are the main things that came to mind, but it's complicated and there are a lot more.

Thanks for the information!

Obviously Maiden's songs are often better but Metallica utilizes their catalog quite well in my opinion.

About the setlist rotation:
The encore opener is always either Battery, FFWF, Spit Out the Bone or Blackened. These rotate all the time

After either of those songs is played it might be a good point to leave the stadium before Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman.

The Unforgiven used to rotate with Fade to Black. (Fade was dropped recently so now it's just Unforgiven)

Shit!

Songs 7 and 11 are a Reload single and Creeping Death. These switch places depending on whether they play Fuel or Memory. They may also play something from Hardwired instead.

So worst case scenario is a song off Reload, something from Hardwired and no Creeping Death? Shit again! :lol:

Back