Metal with female vocals

Non metal, but good 70s-ish prog rock. Great band, saw them live a month or so ago .. really good live

Savage Master:
Saw them play a double bill with Holy Grail. Good live band. Singer Stacey was cool at the merch table.

Midnight Eternal:
They will be opening for Armored Saint and Queensryche on their upcoming tour. Too polished for me.

Try SubRosa.

Not only female vocals, but three of the five members are female and two of them play violin.

Just discovered Triosphere, a Norwegian power metal band with a female singer who is also the bassist.

Also, holy shit the guitar solo on this song:

Just listened to this whole album on Spotify and I really love it. Hooky vocals with some solid range, great playing, and really powerful musical moments.

I thought the Triosphere sounded pretty good.

By the way, for those of you who didn't see the references to Royal Thunder in the "Best of 2015" thread, check them out. Their singer/bassist is awesome.

This is from their 2012 album, CVI -- it took me a while to realize this is actually a live performance, as it sounds VERY much like the studio version:

"Time Machine" is the lead track from their newer album, and it's worth a listen, but I also like this:

Last edited:
I quite like Delain. And enjoyed their latest album Moonbathers on first listen.
After that it has gone downhill though, as I find it a really, really simple album.

I do like the Danse Macabre song (it is simple, but unique too)

Weird of them to put a Queen cover "Scandal" on their album rather than as a b-side.

Saw Midnight Eternal open for Armored Saint and Queensryche last night. When the tour was first announced, I had never heard of them. Bought the MP3 LP on Amazon, watched videos, read interviews. Had to get used to Raine's singing because it sounded too"Disneyesque". I can happily say they are heavier live and very professional: outfits, arrangement of merch table. Met Raine at the merch table. She was very kind and posed for photos with fans. Met the guitarist also. Asked him if any of the songs on the LP have never been played live and he said the last two.

1. Midnight Eternal
2. Repentance
3. Signs of Fire
4. Shadow Falls
5. Like An Eternity
6 Silence
7. When Love and Faith Collide

Shadow Falls and Like An Eternity were the heaviest songs

Introduction to a new progressive metal band with Anneke van Giersbergen (it's rather explaining how much Anneke has done over the past). This is basically the core of The Gentle Storm live band minus Merel Bechtold and Joost van den Broek, plus (ex-ReVamp) guitarist Jord Otto. They present themselves as a band and not a project. Album expected: Fall, 2017.

No metal, but I didn't know where else to put it. Nice atmosphere and guitar sound!
- - - - - - -

Habitants is the living proof that atmosphere, talent and honest music can still prevail in an ailing music industry. With a solid rock history, Hans and René Rutten, members of Dutch band the Gathering (on hiatus since 2013), decided to start a new band in 2015. Soon they found an extra guitar player and songwriter in Gema Pérez.

When they started rehearsing in their hometown Nijmegen, they found their proper dark atmosphere and identity in a very natural way. It soon became clear to the three members that they needed clear vocals to contrast with the (dark) music.

René and Hans knew Anne van den Hoogen (vocalist Rosemary & Garlic) when they worked with her recording The Gathering’s ‘The West Pole’ album back in 2009. After recruiting Mirte Heutmekers on bass guitar, the band was complete and ready to go.

With a mix of atmospheric and dynamic melodies and soft and heavy electronic and organic beats, the music of Habitants can be best described as film music noir. A slow rollercoaster ride from bright colorful lights to uncomfortable pit dark caves.

Habitants literally wants to take you to another world. To find this new habitat, both guitar players (and spouses) René and Gema, searched and rehearsed a lot to find their unique guitar sound. René even built his own guitar fx pedals to find the right sound and feeling.

Habitants wants to arrive with substance, style and spirit, so they take time to write music and work on their debut album, which is planned for the end of 2017. They hope to start playing live before or after this release.
15349744_439130086474522_6251498291489537725_n.png

3 members that were kicked out of Eluveitie last year made this band:

Solid song. Album on the way soon.

Really dug that Royal Thunder album.

Royal Thunder has a new album, entitled "Wick," coming out next month (April 7). Along with Baroness, they are one of my favorite "newer" hard rock bands. I want them to be at least moderately successful so they can keep making great music. Check 'em out. And, if you like it, buy it. ;)
51HBNzt7WYL.jpg

And hey, just noticed there's a new song video:

Back