Megadeth

Ellefson’s dawn patrol would have been a better choice as a band name, its not like he has written many thrash metal songs over the years, same with the other guys.

Pretty cool to see. Friedman, of course, still kicks ass. It's nice to see him really working the crowd and jamming with Kiko, too. He looks like he's having the time of his life.

Further observations:
- Fuck, Dave sounds so bad. I was actually pretty optimistic during the verses of CTE, but that chorus is painful. Tornado is so bad.
- Lomenzo is great and doing some heavy lifting here, too, especially in terms of backing vocals and crowd work.
- Even Marty has a hard time playing Marty's solo! Sounds amazing, though.
- Marty is also a bit sloppy on Symphony. Still cool to see.

Dread and the Fugitive Mind is such a powerful song. I let out maybe the biggest "YEEAAAAHHH" of my life when I heard the first notes of it at the Megadeth gig last summer.

Who plays Megadeth's Tornado Of Souls Solo the BEST? Marty Friedman, Al Pitrelli, Glen Drover, Chris Broderick or Kiko Loureiro?

My pick:

1) Marty
2) Chris Broderick
3) Kiko
4) Al Pitrelli
5) Glen Drover

I think you add this album to the wrong and crazy surrealist thread

Hahaha no I made this up. Fun fact. Nick Menza's father played in Buddy Rich's big band and were friends, which might played a role why Nick Menza became a drummer in the first place.
Buddy Rich himself is said to have showed Nick how to improve his drumming. Other notable jazz drummers did the same.

He played with Rhodes' brother and the 8 years he stayed in Megadeth + 4 albums he did are considered the absolute classic period of the band.
Finally as per David Ellefson, Nick Menza always said he wanted to die while playing drums on stage which is precisely how he died May 21st, 2016 while performing with his band in jazz club Baked Potato.

Speaking of Rich, below is considered by some the greatest drum solo ever. The way it's slowing down and the up again at ~3:21 is the real life reference in film Whiplash.

PS: I transferred this post to Megadeth thread, better here.

Bradley Hall on his shit again...

Honestly, I listened to the Megabeans album this morning on the way to work and...there are some significantly better riffs and solos here than on recent Megadeth records. Obviously it's all a joke, but it's pretty insane that one bedroom guitarist could do this and that it actually has value.

Listened to it yesterday, forgot to comment.

Yeah, fun little parody record. None of the songs would rank among Megadeth’s best, nor do I think I’ll be coming back to it much if at all, but as the soundtrack for a drive home it was great.

Bradley Hall on his shit again...

Honestly, I listened to the Megabeans album this morning on the way to work and...there are some significantly better riffs and solos here than on recent Megadeth records. Obviously it's all a joke, but it's pretty insane that one bedroom guitarist could do this and that it actually has value.
I haven't watched this one yet, but I believe it's good. You know, listening this kind of stuff I saw some people commenting "OK, this is easy, quite predictable". I say, it takes some chops to recreate some band style without copying riffs, solos or something. Especially when he has a wide range of bands he is doing (I'm still laughing on his Matt Bellamy's impersonation).

Marty popped up again during the Wacken performance today. Played through Trust, Tornado and Symphony as well as joining for the encore of Holy Wars. It was really cool to see.

EDIT: I took some cool screenshots but for some reason they're "too large for the server" even at under 1 MB.

Marty popped up again during the Wacken performance today. Played through Trust, Tornado and Symphony as well as joining for the encore of Holy Wars. It was really cool to see.

EDIT: I took some cool screenshots but for some reason they're "too large for the server" even at under 1 MB.
They dared to play "Tornado" under these weather conditions? :D

Back