Megadeth

It looks like James LoMenzo will be back in Megadeth, at least as a touring member.

It was the first show in 18 months and with a new bassplayer, so please be glad they actually play any shows at all. It will be a long time until they are able to tour other places than North America. I so miss seeing live shows with my favorite bands, even if they are playing their hits.

Not only is it a short set, but it's also a terribly generic one. Literally zero surprises. I really hope they'll play something from the LoMenzo albums now that he's back.

That Jesus song rocks way too much.

Saw Megadeth last night;
Was my 7th time to see them.
Sounded great (the only 1 of 4 bands that night I could actually hear the vocals). Dave's singing sounded more relaxed and less strained than Dystopia tour.
Visuals (screens) worked well.
All 4 bands mentioned how amazing it is to be on the road again finally.
My favorite tune of the set was Wake Up Dead.
Megadeth, Lamb of God, & Trivium all played shorter sets than previous night in Dallas. Perhaps because was outdoor show on Sunday night in high income area of Houston might have laws about how late they can play?

Saw Megadeth last night;
Was my 7th time to see them.
Sounded great (the only 1 of 4 bands that night I could actually hear the vocals). Dave's singing sounded more relaxed and less strained than Dystopia tour.
Visuals (screens) worked well.
All 4 bands mentioned how amazing it is to be on the road again finally.
My favorite tune of the set was Wake Up Dead.g
Megadeth, Lamb of God, & Trivium all played shorter sets than previous night in Dallas. Perhaps because was outdoor show on Sunday night in high income area of Houston might have laws about how late they can play?

I'm not convinced that's the reason for shorter sets. Black Sabbath played a full set 110 minutes in 2013 tour in that same venue.

The curfew is still at 23:00 which is the same in most US cities.

Last edited:
I'd still be interested in seeing them live (just with a longer set), I was just surprised he just appeared to be mumbling. I get it's Dave Mustaine we're talking about and not Bruce, but, still.
They are definitely good live, I was at their first show after Dave's cancer treatment.

Back