Maiden's Heaviest Song?

Maiden's heavier songs are Face In The Sand, BTATS, TROBB, TBOS.

In the 80's, probably it is Sea Of Madness.

Guitarists out there, just play "The Apparition" with Dimebag Darrell's sound! :) Otherwise, "as it is", my vote would go to "Be Quick or Be Dead". The sound of "BTATS" makes it "heavy", I guess, but not necessarily the way it unfolds.

Last edited:
not heavy at all, in my opinion. i also don't think sea of madness is that heavy overall. from the 80s, i think the prisoner and losfer words are the heaviest.

The Prisoner’s chorus starts in a major note. This is far from heavy, IMO.

22 Acacia Avenue
giphy.gif

How about SSOASS?

Not sounds so heavy to me, especially with the keyboards stuff. The Prisoner, 22AA and BQOBD are also not so heavy to me.

To Tame A Land is indeed a heavy one and the intro of The Fugitive too. The Apparition is a typical rock riff.

The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, Fortunes Of War and Face In The Sand.

Maiden-related wise?
The Chemical Wedding, King In Crimson, No Friendly Neighbour, No Place Like Home and I See Lights.

Last edited:
You said almost all the ones in my mind (BTATS being the first).

That said, with a few tweaks, it could have been Mother of Mercy for me. I am a bit surprised that none of you mentioned it.

I am a bit surprised that none of you mentioned it.

I guess it might have something to do with somewhat smothering production. While I definitely don't hate it, I think it does kill some of the heaviness of it and the whole album in general. Heaviness and overall very great structure of the song might surface better with a bit more dynamic production.

And to answer to the question in the title, I also agree with most of the above; especially Brighter Than a Thousand Suns and The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

Last edited:
Back