Maiden to "reveal secret plans" in next issue of Metal Hammer (it's the air show)

10353107_10152494234384764_4981992025018379614_n.jpg

Also, I picked up the new Maiden mini mag with this month's Classic Rock, good stuff! Traces the history of Iron Maiden back to the early days, with lots of interviews with former members, all the way up to now.

Okay, I'm a bit of a skim reader, but I didn't spot any secret plans. Lots of Bruce talking about aircraft (fine by me!) and Steve made some comment about Maiden deserving a good send-off, but I don't read anything much into that. I'll report back if I spot anything interesting.

Next year will be Maiden's 40th aniversary year so if they have any "secret plans" it's probably to do with that (this is a wild guess, of course).

No, it's mostly about the Sonisphere dogfight, and what's happening on the current tour.

I'm pretty proud of the forum for keeping this thread going for 46 posts now...
Too bad a lot of it was off topic. This forum BADLY NEEDS a rule that says something like:

Taking a thread off-topic is discouraged. It happens every now and then, but in general, avoid doing it. This is done to maintain order and keep the board running smoothly. New threads for topics that develop out of existing threads are welcome. If you take something off-topic too often the moderators will consider it a rule violation.

Too bad a lot of it was off topic. This forum BADLY NEEDS a rule that says something like:

Taking a thread off-topic is discouraged. It happens every now and then, but in general, avoid doing it. This is done to maintain order and keep the board running smoothly. New threads for topics that develop out of existing threads are welcome. If you take something off-topic too often the moderators will consider it a rule violation.
Travis, if that was the case --this thread would have about two posts. There is no news here.

Yes, and my point was that before the interview was published, there wasn't anything much to say about it. If you want to avoid off topic discussion, it helps to provide a real topic. In the future, try asking a question or something in the opening post that focuses the discussion on the thing you want. Here it was pretty much "randomly speculate on possible future plans", which is positively an invitation to off topic madness.

Last edited:
Do we suspect that Maiden might have nothing to say about something? Or is it entirely possibly that they have something in line that is planned to be revealed as nothing and that anything could become truth and or fiction based on the revelation that may, or may not, in fact, be something?

I think it was just a bit of marketing on the part of Metal Hammer. It was one of those sealed magazines in a card sleeve with purty artwork (Eddie as WWI pilot). When you get inside, it's mainly Bruce revealing what he's up to with the dogfight at Sonisphere.

I am fairly certain that the band plans to re-record the album VIRTUAL XI in its entirety
with a completely different title, new artwork, Bruce on Vocals, and Nicko actually on drums
... mostly as a lark to see if anybody in the music media realizes it.

Personally I think that they may let slip or hint about the next album, something loosely on the lines of that their currently in the writing stages - and that studio time has been booked for sometime next year. Who knows, we'll soon find out!

Liam

Back