Maiden to "reveal secret plans" in next issue of Metal Hammer (it's the air show)

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
This is next week's issue of Metal Hammer. Hmmmmm, I wonder if it's just in fun or if Maiden plan to actually reveal something. I'm sure we'll find out soon.

o1BlX8k.jpg

It'll be a compilation album that features Run to the Hills, The Number of the Beast, Flight of Icarus, The Trooper, Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Evil That Men Do, Can I Play with Madness, Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter and Fear of the Dark.

I have a feeling it won't be anything that new. They'll probably just talk about the air show at Sonisphere.

I hope to be proven wrong though. :)

My money's on the airshow or (gasp) a new album. Neither of which are very secret.

Either way, it's nice to get a new interview, especially with Steve. Don't recall very many recent pieces of journalism with him involved. Here's the blurb from the MH site:

"IRON MAIDEN FUCKING LOVE PLANES

Ahead of Iron Maiden's fucking bonkstown idea of staging a dogfight before their Sonisphere headline set, we have an EXCLUSIVE interview with Bruce and Steve and preview their amazing air battle. We've also got dibs on their new Soni artwork!"

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/new...we-learned-from-the-new-issue-of-metal-hammer

Excuse me, I don't know the expression employed and can't find a clear tranlation. Does this mean the journalist has been able to hear some new music (or has been told something about their new album)?

It'll be a compilation album that features Run to the Hills, The Number of the Beast, Flight of Icarus, The Trooper, Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Evil That Men Do, Can I Play with Madness, Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter and Fear of the Dark.
Possibly. It might be another DVD of course.

Here's the blurb from the MH site:

"IRON MAIDEN FUCKING LOVE PLANES

Ahead of Iron Maiden's fucking bonkstown idea of staging a dogfight before their Sonisphere headline set, we have an EXCLUSIVE interview with Bruce and Steve and preview their amazing air battle.
"Their" amazing air battle?! What role will Steve have I wonder. You know, this strikes me as sloppy journalism. Where is the evidence the whole band "love" planes? H can fly without planes, can he not?

Excuse me, I don't know the expression employed and can't find a clear tranlation. Does this mean the journalist has been able to hear some new music (or has been told something about their new album)?
It might. It might mean anything. This is the sort of phrasing used to sell covers, not necessarily to advertise a particular outcome.

I think it's just about what "secret" plans they have in store for the WWI tribute air display. Like LC said, marketing phrasing going on there!

Does anyone know when this issue will be released? We're usually a couple weeks behind here in the states :(

I think it's already out in the UK? A guy on the official forum confirms that there is nothing about what the future holds for Maiden, no new album news. It's an article about the Sonisphere gig and air show (a lot of aviation talk with Bruce etc) and the end of the Maiden England tour. Steve says that they need time off after this tour. That's it.

True. But I don't know if anyone of a British persuasion will cross this thread, but it seems (as per @SixesAlltheway 's post) that the issue is already out in the UK.

Back