Maiden settles the Hallowed Be Thy Name claim in full

I've no idea who the third might be. Paul Day and Dennis Willcock have written (uncredited) lyrics indeed but I very much doubt (and for the sake of all involved hope not) that any of them could have teamed up with McKay.
#IBlameRod

I suspect the third one might be Thunderstick.

This is why Empire of the Clouds is my favorite Maiden song.

SHIT THAT WAS DONE BEFORE WASNT IT FUCK

I've no idea who the third might be. Paul Day and Dennis Willcock have written (uncredited) lyrics indeed but I very much doubt (and for the sake of all involved hope not) that any of them could have teamed up with McKay.
#IBlameRod
In short, I hope McKay's just bluffing.

On reflection I think it's highly likely the ratio decidendi in this case would have been something like: Steve's ignorance that the money was owed to Quinn rather than Barton didn't alter the fact that the money was owed to Quinn (which would also render any informal arrangement he may have had with Barton irrelevant). It may now be down to Steve to sue Barton to get back the money that he had wrongly claimed, but I doubt he'd choose to do that (mainly because of Team Maiden's statement that they still don't believe Quinn wrote the lines - I suspect there's something behind this that is not currently public knowledge).

Or it could mean Maiden has to switch up their set list!
Imagine it turned out that 'Fear of the Dark' was plagiarized and had to be dropped. I would be so happy. :) That and 'Iron Maiden'.

Or maybe the chorus to 'The Trooper' was stolen from somewhere.

Who exactly was suing Maiden?

mkay-homework-assignments-memegenerator-net-29460397.png

Okay, TRATB sounds like a variation of this riff. But I guess this goes back to the old question over when a guitar riff crosses the threshold of originality. I think we've discussed this somewhere here before.

Okay, TRATB sounds like a variation of this riff. But I guess this goes back to the old question over when a guitar riff crosses the threshold of originality. I think we've discussed this somewhere here before.

The guy who wrote the guitar riff for Every Breathe You Take didn't get a writing credit for it, despite it being a huge part of the song, the songs main hook even. I doubt therefore Uriah Heep would be able to sue for something that only bears a passing resemblance to a small section of a 13 min song

I hope someone hears similarities in Fear of the Dark' and Iron Maiden (the song) to something THEY wrote. Then Maiden can throw them the Fu#* out of future set lists in exchange for still life and Mariner... or pretty much any other 2 songs.

Back