Maiden settles the Hallowed Be Thy Name claim in full

0ff49113f737f6725161e579f345863f0a8b6d82d260aca7a3726c18b760b024.jpg

It's a bit of a long read, but it seems like Steve Harris had a crappy defence. I'm sure that the £900,000 won't hurt Steve and Dave all that much.

I’m intrigued as to which other songs the nefarious Harris/Murray duo have been copying other songs with like this member of Beckett says.

Nice. Now drop FOTD in that pre-IM spot and put Hallowed there for this tour.

Also, this McKay guy is a class A moron.

he looks like he shouldn't be left alone in the company of children.

Also, was hallowed played live in 1981? I have a boot from just after Bruce joined in Dec 1981, The Prisoner is on it but Hallowed isn't

It's what I said before. The case was already settled between Maiden and Barton. Barton deceived Maiden into believing that he was the only one damaged. Barton was the one at wrong here, but instead of taking Barton to court, McKay saw an opportunity to milk Maiden of 900,000 pounds (and stating he had expected more), and is already hoping he can make more. Whatever wrong there was in the beginning of this from Maiden's side by plagiarising another song is overshadowed completely by McKay's behaviour, and I'd better not state my opinion on him in public.

It's what I said before. The case was already settled between Maiden and Barton. Barton deceived Maiden into believing that he was the only one damaged. Barton was the one at wrong here, but instead of taking Barton to court, McKay saw an opportunity to milk Maiden of 900,000 pounds (and stating he had expected more), and is already hoping he can make more. Whatever wrong there was in the beginning of this from Maiden's side by plagiarising another song is overshadowed completely by McKay's behaviour, and I'd better not state my opinion on him in public.
That he's a greedy fucker who should choke on a £100 note?

Yes. And the worst thing is, that this story shifts it's focus from Quinn (who should get all of this money and be in the centre of limelight, because he wrote the song) to McKay (who is a moron, cunt and a fraud, who will probably recieve most of this money instead of Quinn and is only fulfilling his lust of being an attention whore).

Why, pray, is McKay even involved in this? Actual members of Beckett deserve credit for their work and payment is a fair thing to ask. Their own lawyers can arrange that. McKay is just an unnecessary middleman.

Next up: McKay sues Iron Maiden LLP in the name of Adrian Smith for plagiarising the Urchin song Countdown in the Iron Maiden song 22 Accacia Avenue. The result: Adrian Smith pays 400 000 pounds to himself, while Steve Harris pays 400 000 pounds to McKay, presuming that he will give the money to mr. Smith.

Why, pray, is McKay even involved in this? Actual members of Beckett deserve credit for their work and payment is a fair thing to ask. Their own lawyers can arrange that. McKay is just an unnecessary middleman.
Because he is an attention seeking whore. That's the only possible explanation IMO.

I have just compared the lyrics of the two songs and I noticed there is only one line that is completely identical. Personally, I want to know why the members of Beckett took so long to care, if they were bothered about artistic integrity then they would have done this twenty odd years before they did.

I have just compared the lyrics of the two songs and I noticed there is only one line that is completely identical. Personally, I want to know why the members of Beckett took so long to care, if they were bothered about artistic integrity then they would have done this twenty odd years before they did.
Because Quinn has been living in a caravan recently. Once he's gambled, boozed and whored this payment away I'm sure he'll be back.

Back