Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

Floor tickets for July 24! Thank you IMFC...I will be making my way to the barrier behind my 6'4" 260 lb mate, who will act like a plow to navigate through any humanity that dare come between us and the rail... fucking stoked, man...

I guess that's a promotor trick only in Croatia then... :D

I remember that there were several zones in a U2 show as well (just so that there's no misunderstanding here, I despise U2 and wouldn't go to one of their shows if someone paid me to go); they had like a silver pit, gold pit and diamond pit! Each one closer to the stage and 30% more expensive than the previous one! :D

Every Maiden concert in Yugoslavia and successor states had same ticket prices for whole venue. Barriers are just safety barriers.
I also hate U2, and Bono. I hate him

From the tours in Europe, thats what I've understood as well, the barriers are just safety barriers. Thats why people queue up almost a day in advance to be able to get to the very front. In the US, however, it looks like it might be quite different.

On the subject of U2, I've just never understood what was so great about them.

Zare, I'm pretty sure that the last show in Split had a special "fan pit" ticket category...

Yeah, I especially hate Bono. He's not the record holder, he is the record.

I like U2. They have some good stuff, but can't say I'm a fan of Bono.

Zare, I'm pretty sure that the last show in Split had a special "fan pit" ticket category...

Yeah, I especially hate Bono. He's not the record holder, he is the record.

Yes it was a special category, but all tickets were priced at 250 HRK. And people could move between pitch and headbanger's pit.

Wow its been a while since Ive been on this board. I just got my tickets for the Irvine show! I cant believe it!:nana: I thought I would never have an opportunity to see maiden live and now it's finally gonna happen! So I need some help from all the veterans here. Im not much of a concert goer so this is gonna be my first major concert. Some quick questions:
1. How early should I get to the venue?
2. Tickets say 7:30, but what time does maiden usually go on?
3. And lastly any good advice i should know?

Wow its been a while since Ive been on this board. I just got my tickets for the Irvine show! I cant believe it!:nana: I thought I would never have an opportunity to see maiden live and now it's finally gonna happen! So I need some help from all the veterans here. Im not much of a concert goer so this is gonna be my first major concert. Some quick questions:

What tickets do you manage to get?

1. Depends if you want to see the opening act.
2. 9:00
3. Not that I can think of.

DHmaiden had 1 and 2. For #3 I would just say when bruce dickinson ask you to scream for him you scream.

I have a question for you veterans...

-I have floor tickets... So if I want to be as close to the stage as possible, when should I go to the venue to wait in line?

Re #1: If you have a reserved seat, I'd show up after 7:30 (unless you're a big Coheed and Cambria fan) to avoid a long line to get in. With paperless tickets, they scan credit cards (bring the one with which you bought your ticket!!) and check IDs, so the line moves slow. If you are in the pit (like me!! -- Cody Cameron, this applies to you too), get there early so you can get close and away from the mosh pit that typically forms about 10-15 people deep from the rail--and don't drink much so you can avoid bathroom breaks that cause you to lose your spot.
Re #2: Definitely get there by 8:30.
Re #3: Get to know the live version of UFO's "Doctor Doctor" for two reasons. First, it's awesome. Second, and more to the point, when it comes on the PA, that's the traditional signal that the show is about to start. If you're in the beer or t-shirt line and you hear that song come on the PA, head back to your seat ASAP. You'll typically hear a mini-roar from the crowd when it starts, too, because of what it signifies. This has been the "pre-intro intro" to Maiden shows for years. Also, if you're in the pit, wear comfortable shoes.

Maybe see you there!

Just got my tickets! At Chicago's First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, I'll be in section 202... I was waiting right away when they went on sale to the general public, and was surprised to see most of the closest seats were already gone (the fanclub must be HUGE if that many people already had bought tickets...), but it is the closest I've ever been to Iron Maiden on stage so I am THRILLED!! July can't get here soon enough!

Re #1: If you have a reserved seat, I'd show up after 7:30 (unless you're a big Coheed and Cambria fan) to avoid a long line to get in. With paperless tickets, they scan credit cards (bring the one with which you bought your ticket!!) and check IDs, so the line moves slow. If you are in the pit (like me!! -- Cody Cameron, this applies to you too), get there early so you can get close and away from the mosh pit that typically forms about 10-15 people deep from the rail--and don't drink much so you can avoid bathroom breaks that cause you to lose your spot.
Re #2: Definitely get there by 8:30.
Re #3: Get to know the live version of UFO's "Doctor Doctor" for two reasons. First, it's awesome. Second, and more to the point, when it comes on the PA, that's the traditional signal that the show is about to start. If you're in the beer or t-shirt line and you hear that song come on the PA, head back to your seat ASAP. You'll typically hear a mini-roar from the crowd when it starts, too, because of what it signifies. This has been the "pre-intro intro" to Maiden shows for years. Also, if you're in the pit, wear comfortable shoes.

Maybe see you there!

How do paperless tickets work exactly? This will be my first time using them.

As far as the pit at Irvine goes, it is small so it really doesn't matter how late you arrive, you'll still be very close. But if you'd like to get as close as you can, then get there earlier.

How do paperless tickets work exactly? This will be my first time using them.
From the official press release:

TICKETMASTER comments:
Where possible the North American Iron Maiden shows will operate a paperless ticket policy. Select tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster’s Paperless Ticket delivery, which means fans will not receive a physical concert ticket for their entry into the event. Buying paperless helps ensure fans have secure and convenient access to event tickets at the intended original sale price. On the day of show, concert goers just need to bring the credit card they used for the ticket purchase and a government-issued photo ID to the concert. All members of the ticket purchaser's party must be present at the same time to enter the venue. The venue’s ticket usher will swipe their credit card upon entry and present each person in their party with seat locator slips for quick access into the show. To purchase paperless tickets or for more information, fans should visit www.ticketmaster.com/paperless or call the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone number at 1-800-745-3000.

I never liked the idea of the paperless ticket idea... That's why I prefer physical tickets, and that is why I select the option to be able to print my tickets at my own convenience.

Back