Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

If the nostalgia tour means they will play songs they haven't touched since 7th Tour of a 7th Tour, I'm all for it. I am willing to pay good money to hear Infinite Dreams and Seventh Son live. And with SSOASS being my favourite album, a tour heavy with songs from that album is very much to my liking.

If they spice it up with a couple of other not-much-played songs they played on Maiden England, I can live with a rerun of The Trooper, Fear of the Dark and the other staples.

I've been wondering, do you guys think that Dickinson will pull that awesome "rough" sounding scream on Infinite Dreams just like the album, or do you think he won't be able too, and he'll just go and do his modern high-pitched scream he does on nearly every track they play live these days that features a scream...

I think he'll scream the way he does these days but it's not really an issue for me. The last thing I think about when I think of Infinite Dreams is the scream...

I think he's able to do it, but not day in, day out for months. I think his current way of screaming is the way he has found allows him to keep his voice throughout a tour.

But if they do play Infinite Dreams at all, I'll be happy no matter how he chooses to do the scream.

I'd rather they made a new album than another nostalgia tour.
Don't even say that! :p If they weren't doing this amazing tour, they wouldn't be coming to Rockfest and I wouldn't be seeing them for the first time in 12 years.

Also, even though most on here would feel that it's a bit overplayed, they didn't do Can I Play With Madness either time I saw them so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that one.

I've always wanted to see the SSOASS set/stage. I still can't believe they're actually doing it. I'm so excited for it.

just been shot down on travelling to the USA for this leg so looks like im waiting for the european leg and hopefully some englinsh arenas... MEN *cough* and hopefully scotland or wales to help complete my maiden map of the British isles :cool:
Looking forward to it and hopefully we'll get still life!!!

Tron I have kept quiet up til now on my hope, anticipation, dream, lust, prayers, need,want, desire...etc...etc to get STILL LIFE live and in front of me!! As you see in my sig, Still Life is my favorite all time Maiden song!! The possibility of Still Life above all other songs has me overly pumped for this Summer!! And hang in there man, you guys will get your announcements soon enough........

Tron, you're wishing for a bit much, are you not? Maiden have never taken a "retro" tour to Scotland, as I've pointed out, here, a few time before. Since 1999 they've only played Scotland on their album tours (Brave New World Tour, Dance of Death World Tours, A Matter of Life and Death Tour, & The Final Frontier World Tour). In fact, see when you look at their tour history it really surprises me how much (you, whoever you all are :)) guys from the US complain about Maiden's touring --as if they're never touring the US! I mean, I know the USA is a big place, but they seem to get over the pond quite a bit --in fact all of the above tours plus every one in between.

Tron, you're wishing for a bit much, are you not? Maiden have never taken a "retro" tour to Scotland, as I've pointed out, here, a few time before. Since 1999 they've only played Scotland on their album tours (Brave New World Tour, Dance of Death World Tours, A Matter of Life and Death Tour, & The Final Frontier World Tour). In fact, see when you look at their tour history it really surprises me how much (you, whoever you all are :)) guys from the US complain about Maiden's touring --as if they're never touring the US! I mean, I know the USA is a big place, but they seem to get over the pond quite a bit --in fact all of the above tours plus every one in between.
Yes Maiden tour here but they don't do a lot of shows. DOD tour played on New York City and L.A. AMOLAD tour played 8 cities. TFF played 12 cities I believe. The Maiden England tour will be their biggest tour of America since Ozzfest. They're playing Indy for the first time since Ozzfest in 2005, and before that they haven't played Indy since the original SSOASS tour. I've no doubt that Europen Maiden fans will get this tour later

You appear to be talking about states in America. When you consider all the other countries who only get the odd date (for their whole country), or nothing for years (e.g. Australia) --then the USA (generally) gets plenty of tour time.

I've just taken this from Wiki; I'm assuming it's reasonably accurate. Apologies if I've miscounted here & there, but compare the following date count from 1999...

Ed Hunter Tour
USA: 14 (altho' 3 cancelled)
UK: none

BNW Tour
USA: 33
UK: 9 (inc. 6 in London) [1 in Scotland]

Give Me Ed... Tour
USA: 25
UK: 1 (Donnington, a festival)

DoD Tour
USA: 6 (Altho' only NY & LA)
UK: 8 (A decent UK tour, with only one London date) [1 in Scotland]

Eddie Rips Up the World/Early Days Tour
USA: 22 (Ozzfest)
UK: 3 (all in England; two festivals & London)

AMOLAD Tour
USA: 8
UK: 10 (A proper UK tour, inc. 3 London dates & Donnington) [1 in Scotland]

SBIT World Tour
USA: 18
UK: 1 (London)

TFF World Tour
UK: 12 (A proper, proper UK tour --as they promised. With only 1 festival in there & two London dates; and some real rarities like Aberdeen & Belfast) [2 in Scotland!]

Maiden England World Tour
USA: 24 so far...
UK: nothing announced

I know the UK is just some little Mickey Mouse country to the USA, but it just happens to be where Maiden are from. The USA (excluding the Maiden In England Tour; that wouldn't be fair!) total (in my head) is about 144; UK about 44; excluding London (we don't all live there) & festivals (just to make my argument look better! :D) we've had about 25 gigs.

So, I don't think the USA has fared too bad. And looking at most other continents on the planet, I'm willing to bet the North Americas are right up there, in terms of tour date numbers.

You appear to be talking about states in America. When you consider all the other countries who only get the odd date (for their whole country), or nothing for years (e.g. Australia) --then the USA (generally) gets plenty of tour time.

I've just taken this from Wiki; I'm assuming it's reasonably accurate. Apologies if I've miscounted here & there, but compare the following date count from 1999...

Ed Hunter Tour
USA: 14 (altho' 3 cancelled)
UK: none

BNW Tour
USA: 33
UK: 9 (inc. 6 in London) [1 in Scotland]

Give Me Ed... Tour
USA: 25
UK: 1 (Donnington, a festival)

DoD Tour
USA: 6 (Altho' only NY & LA)
UK: 8 (A decent UK tour, with only one London date) [1 in Scotland]

Eddie Rips Up the World/Early Days Tour
USA: 22 (Ozzfest)
UK: 3 (all in England; two festivals & London)

AMOLAD Tour
USA: 8
UK: 10 (A proper UK tour, inc. 3 London dates & Donnington) [1 in Scotland]

SBIT World Tour
UK: 1 (London)

TFF World Tour
UK: 12 (A proper, proper UK tour --as they promised. With only 1 festival in there & two London dates; and some real rarities like Aberdeen & Belfast) [2 in Scotland!]

Maiden England World Tour
USA: 24 so far...
UK: nothing announced

I know the UK is just some little Mickey Mouse country to the USA, but it just happens to be where Maiden are from. The USA (excluding the Maiden In England Tour; that wouldn't be fair!) total (in my head) is about 144; UK about 44; excluding London (we don't all live there) & festivals (just to make my argument look better! :D) we've had about 25 gigs.

So, I don't think the USA has fared too bad. And looking at most other continents on the planet, I'm willing to bet the North Americas are right up there, in terms of tour date numbers.
No the U.S. hasn't fared bad. But just like everybody doesn't live in London, not everybody over here lives in New York, Boston, Chicago, or L.A. I saw 5 of the tours you listed and had to go to Chicago to see 4 of them. Not complaining, Maiden is well worth the road trip. I'm sure if you included the shows on the European continent the number of shows would be closer. Besides on the TFF tour they only played El Dorado in the U.S. (except for the later Florida shows) while the rest of the world saw them play several tunes off that album. Can't explain why they never play Australia, hell I'd love to go there.

Can't explain why they never play Australia, hell I'd love to go there.

+ Forostar.... "Maiden didn't play Australia since the eighties. People kept hoping and yes they came back."

I live in Sydney and was fortunate to see Maiden in Washington DC in 1987 and again in Sydney in 1992 but that was the last time Maiden played these shores until 2008. During that long gap between Australian tours what kept me going, as far as gigs, was the live release and bootlegs. I regret never having the chance to see the Brave New World Tour or AMOLAD tour or Final Frontier Tour (first leg) - all of which hit the UK, Europe and the US - and wish Maiden played at least one track on AMOLAD on last years tour. I flew to the UK last year and caught the Manchester show which was very cool. I agree with Maiden C Indiana that Americans outside the major capitals often have to travel large distances to catch Maiden. So do Aussies. I caught a train between London and Edinburgh recently....I've travelled further than that for a night out with my mates! :) Guess its all perspective folks. Maiden England may not come to Oz but I can't wait to see the setlist and download the first available bootleg from Charlotte... \m/

Why would I compare the shows of Europe vs. USA; I'm comparing countries. And, still missing something clearly, how does the USA not fare incredibly well in comparison to, say, Australia? A couple of shows in a decade, versus 144! Sounds like you've had a pretty fair crack of the whip there. Every single tour has visited the US. What other countries does this apply to?

And he's comparing distances, pointing out that American fans are not necessarily spoiled.
Maiden played two American shows on the second leg of the Final Frontier.
Same country as Seattle, but for a Seattle fan going to those shows would be like a fan in Amsterdam going to Kiev.

I'm saying that in comparison to fans from other large countries, they are spoiled. It might not seem like it, but, hey, I think the facts speak for themselves. (My comparison to the UK was only because Maiden are a UK band; that said, not all of the band live in the UK anymore anyway, so this is a mute point.)

Point is, if you tally up pretty much every other country in the world the USA has historically (& now) had plenty of touring. That's all I'm saying. I appreciate Seattle & NY, or Chicago & LA, are miles away from each other. But, for example, Brazil is a big, big place; almost as physically big as the USA. It also has a reasonably big population in comparison; less than USA (about 175 million, to the USA's 290 million) but still massive. They're nuts about Metal (you'd agree?). How do you think they compare to USA? Answer: Maiden have played there about 18 times since 1999. 144 vs. 18 --that's all I'm saying...

I guess the Yanks have an argument if we consider population. The US is about the same area as Europe (Russia not included, of course), and about the same population - thus they would probably hope for about the same number of shows as Europe gets in total.

I understand that they feel some others are being spoiled (like, for example, the Nordic countries, not that I'm complaining!). The comparison between the UK and the US doesn't say me that the US get many dates - rather that the UK should probably get more. I think London, Birmingham, and Manchester should probably get to see Maiden on every tour, plus a gig or two in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh).

But Maiden decide.

PS: You have a good point about Brazil!

Back