Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

I'm not too far away from this place....but do you really think Maiden will play there? Lineup is pretty lame (unless Maiden plays!)
They've had KISS and Megadeth there before and Alice Cooper has played it twice. And if you look at every past Rockfest: http://rock-fest.com/previous-lineups , you'll see they've had some pretty good years. One year had Motley Crue, Scorpions and Def Leppard all in the same night. So ya, I feel there's a good possibility of it. If Maiden does get announced for it, you might want to consider that because for $77 and only $44 for kid's tickets, you get Maiden, Cooper and around 4 other bands as well.

Guys I am beyond excited. I received the text on my phone during school from a friend I have not heard from telling me there was an iron maiden tour. I didn't believe him so I went on Facebook and there it was. June 26 Boston for me. I agree with most of your list but why put a Trooper poster and not play it? Im hoping to see the stage covered in ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go ahead and say that they will play The Prisoner, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (for sure). Not so sure about Killers.

Honestly I feel like I missed something about Infinite Dreams its probably my least favorite on SSOASS next to OTGDY... I'm not trying to bust balls but everyone seems so happy about it :grumble:

:scared:

No way.... it's the ultimate Maiden song. Slow intro, superb lyrics, superb vocals, great solos, a scream, superb drums...

:scared:

No way.... it's the ultimate Maiden song. Slow intro, superb lyrics, superb vocals, great solos, a scream, superb drums...

I do agree its good buttt ill be honest if any songs get cut im hoping this is first and the evil that men do because ive heard that in 2 of my 3 maiden gigs.

First post here! Feels great to finally be a part of the forum :).

Like the rest of you, I was elated after learning that Iron Maiden was going back on tour so soon. I plan on seeing them in Georgia if they don't make a Florida date.

If I had to predict a set list, it would go something like this:

00) Intro
01) Moonchild
02) The Evil That Men Do
03) The Trooper
04) Still Life
05) Infinite Dreams
06) Can I Play With Madness?
07) Wasted Years
08) Heaven Can Wait
09) Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
10) The Clairvoyant
11) Fear of the Dark
12) Hallowed Be Thy Name
13) Iron Maiden
ENCORE:
14) The Number of the Beast
15) Alexander the Great (Yes, I have a feeling....)
16) Run to the Hills (or one of their other shorter songs that they play frequently.. Running Free, Sanctuary, etc.)

First post here! Feels great to finally be a part of the forum :).

Like the rest of you, I was elated after learning that Iron Maiden was going back on tour so soon. I plan on seeing them in Georgia if they don't make a Florida date.

If I had to predict a set list, it would go something like this:

00) Intro
01) Moonchild
02) The Evil That Men Do
03) The Trooper
04) Still Life
05) Infinite Dreams
06) Can I Play With Madness?
07) Wasted Years
08) Heaven Can Wait
09) Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
10) The Clairvoyant
11) Fear of the Dark
12) Hallowed Be Thy Name
13) Iron Maiden
ENCORE:
14) The Number of the Beast
15) Alexander the Great (Yes, I have a feeling....)
16) Run to the Hills (or one of their other shorter songs that they play frequently.. Running Free, Sanctuary, etc.)

Honestly when I saw that Bruce said a few surprises i thought the same thing but that is one long concert.

Edit: Welcome!!!

Honestly when I saw that Bruce said a few surprises i thought the same thing but that is one long concert.

Edit: Welcome!!!

You're right. My set list would probably make for a longer show then we are typically used to seeing.. I don't know if they are strict about the length of their shows or not :p. But seriously, what better tour to play ATG for the first time!? I find it very unlikely that they are going to do another history tour after this, and whatever album tours they plan in the future will largely feature newer songs (as they should!). If they don't play ATG this tour, I find it unlikely that they will ever play it.

And thank you! Good to be here!

You're right. My set list would probably make for a longer show then we are typically used to seeing.. I don't know if they are strict about the length of their shows or not :p. But seriously, what better tour to play ATG for the first time!? I find it very unlikely that they are going to do another history tour after this, and whatever album tours they plan in the future will largely feature newer songs (as they should!). If they don't play ATG this tour, I find it unlikely that they will ever play it.

And thank you! Good to be here!

He says "maybe we will think about it"

Just a thought on the set list here. What does anyone think about the band tossing in a couple of the Final Frontier songs North America missed out on last tour. {Besides Florida} At least for this first leg.....Possibly they feel the need to supply N.A with Coming Home, The Talisman WTWWB etc...Or maybe even shock us with something like Starblind:dancinggeek:!!!??? ....

My setlist predictions:

1. Moonchild
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight*
3. The Prisoner
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Can I Play With Madness
6. Wrathchild*
7. Still Life
8. The Trooper
9. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
10. The Number of the Beast
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Fear of the Dark*
13. Iron Maiden
---encore---
14. Caught Somewhere in Time*
15. From Here to Eternity*
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

(The * represents songs that weren't part of the original Maiden England setlist because Bruce Dickinson has confirmed that they will only play 2/3rds of it while incorporating some other "big hits" they know fans will want to hear. I also chose From Here to Eternity because it's kind of like how they played Moonchild and The Clairvoyant as an encore for the Somewhere Back in Time Tour; it was a look at things to come.)

Let me think for a moment they will play SIASL.
There.
I'm happy now.

I was not expecting this at all since:
  1. They already played two songs from SIT and three songs from SSOASS on the "Somewhere Back in Time" nostalgia tour.
  2. They did a BNW/DOD/AMOLAD mini-tour in the USA in 2010.
  3. The "Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour" is when their popularity started to significantly decline in the USA.
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I would've much preferred another leg supporting the new album since only El Dorado was played on the 2010 North American TFF pre-release leg (the regular 2011 tour skipped North America, apart from Florida). They did the same thing before Dance of Death came out, playing just Wildest Dreams on the "Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead" Tour, and then only hitting New York and Los Angeles on the regular album tour.

I'm not complaining mind you... it's not Maiden's fault that with the exception of BNW, their new material since the 1980s hasn't been especially well received in the USA. And I consider us lucky that they launched the AMOLAD tour here (I was psyched to hear the album played in its entirety opening night). Also SSOASS is my favorite IM album, and the prospect of hearing the title track in concert has me stoked.

So I'm thankful they're touring, though disappointed I'll probably never hear them perform When the Wild Wind Blows in concert. At least we're getting En Vivo!

Back