Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

What a fantastic surprise waking up today, checking facebook and finding the Maiden England news!!! Yes yes yes! I will happily sit back in Oz and watch the setlist updates online as the Charlotte show progresses, then of course hunt down a perfect sounding bootleg. How lucky are we metal fans already in 2012...En Vivo next month, Maiden touring for 7th Son (Infinite Dreams with 3 guitars!), King Diamond back headlining some European Festivals...the new Lamb of God album is ace and I am seeing Slipknot, LoG, Machine Head, Mastadon, Meshuggah and more next week in Sydney. All hail this metal world of ours! \m/

Let's start with dream Maiden England Tour setlists :D
My prediction is that they won't play songs from Powerslave, cause they already played 4 on previous History tour. If they do decide to play something from that album, I think that it'll be 2 Minutes To Midnight. Another prediction is that they will mostly focus on Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son songs, hence 8 songs from those albums on my setlist. I included 10 songs that appeared on Maiden England, 'cause Bruce said that they'll play 2/3 of that setlist. This setlist is 1h 45min long, which is their usual show length.

01. Moonchild
02. The Evil That Men Do
03. The Prisoner
04. Still Life
05. Wrathchild
06. Infinite Dreams
07. Killers
08. The Trooper
09. Heaven Can Wait
10. Wasted Years
11. Run To The Hills
12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Fear Of The Dark
15. Iron Maiden
-
16. Caught Somewhere In Time
17. Alexander The Great
18. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Yeah, it was a nice surprise this morning! :D I hope they'll release the next history DVD this year as well, so that the rest of us have something to look forward to. I guess we can be pretty sure that Maiden England is the thing Kevin Shirley's been mixing "for a later release".

As for the setlist, I think that Infinite Dreams, Still Life, Killers and especially The Prisoner are the tracks I'm looking forward to. I also hope they won't neglect Somewhere In Time completely, I would soil my pants if they decided to play SIASL.

@ Night Prowler - Don't count on ATG, mate.

Is more logical they release the 3rd part next year. SIASL that would be great. The Clairvoyant and CIPWM are obvious choices.

Let's start with dream Maiden England Tour setlists :D
My prediction is that they won't play songs from Powerslave, cause they already played 4 on previous History tour.

You are so optimistic. My bet is that the "2/3 of the songs from Maiden England" are exactly those songs that have been played with current lineup previously. Of course I hope for songs like "Still Life", "Infinite Dreams", "Killers" and "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", but I have little faith.

Well, this lineup did play Killers and SIASL (the latter only a few times, though) during the Ed Huntour. As for SSOASS, it will have to be the central epic song for this tour, there's no two ways about it. But I admit that SIASL is a very long shot.

This is the original Maiden England setlist:

Moonchild (sure thing)
The Evil That Men Do (sure thing)
The Prisoner
Still Life
Die With Your Boots On
Infinite Dreams (75% probability)
Killers
Can I Play With Madness (sure thing)
Heaven Can Wait (90% probability, they never miss the chance to play it, although I think it's been overplayed)
Wasted Years (90% probability, as they've played it recently)
The Clairvoyant (sure thing)
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (99% probability)
The Number Of The Beast (sure thing)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (sure thing)
Iron Maiden (sure thing)

What's left is The Prisoner (hasn't been played since the early '90s; was overlooked during NOTB's 25th anniversary, but I guess it's one of Bruce's favorite tracks, I hope he'll lobby for it), Still Life (hasn't been played since the SSOASS tour; I'll be truly surprised if they decide to play it), DWYBO (been played on several greatest hits tours and last time during the first history tour, I'd say it has a better chance than any of the other "unlikely" songs) and Killers (last time played during Ed Huntour; overlooked during the Early Days tour, so it will also probably be ignored).

In my opinion (opinion of a longtime fan like most of the people here), they made a mistake when they decided to expand the Powerslave history tour to include the four SSOASS songs because now, in my mind, these are the songs that have been played recently and I'd rather hear other songs from the Maiden England setlist.

They are coming to Boston June 26!! I am super excited! Any word on how much tickets will be?

In my opinion (opinion of a longtime fan like most of the people here), they made a mistake when they decided to expand the Powerslave history tour to include the four SSOASS songs because now, in my mind, these are the songs that have been played recently and I'd rather hear other songs from the Maiden England setlist.

Agree, though I enjoyed hearing the SSOASS songs then. I suppose they were trying to make the Powerslave Tour a tour for the Greatest hits album (plus Fear of the Dark) and now rather than tour the second greatest hits album, they are touring Maiden England. In retrospect, I now would have preferred the SBIT tour to model either the LAD or the SIT tour, though I enjoyed that they did at the time they did it.

Well, I am psyched.

Here is my set list prediction:

01. Moonchild
02. The Evil That Men Do
03. The Prisoner
04. Die With Your Boots On
05. Infinite Dreams
06. Wrathchild
07. The Trooper
08. Wasted Years
09. Heaven Can Wait
10. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
11. The Number of The Beast
12. Fear of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-
14. The Clairvoyant
15. Can I Play With Madness
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

For some reason I have a feeling they won't play 'Still Life', but they will play 'The Prisoner'.

But who really knows, right?

I don't believe the "2/3" comment, either.

Before the first leg of the Final Frontier tour, Bruce said it would cover the entire history of the band, and their set list contained almost all post-2000 material, save for 'Wrathchild', 'Running Free', 'Fear of the Dark', 'Iron Maiden' and a couple songs off Number of the Beast.

Looks like I will be traveling to Chi-town again!! Prayers answered. My boys will finally see Maiden!!! And let's hope they break out "Flight of Icarus"!!!!!!

Woooooow!! I leave the country for a few days and the Maiden universe blows up! Bloody typical! :p I sooo hope they do another UK arena tour next year, I'll be 18 by then and might be able to go to more than one show this time :) Oh and I'd better get my headstone done soonish, because if I see The Prisoner live my head will explode.

Good stuff this is. Please lets have some UK dates for next year! I would love to see Infinite Dreams live, it would be absolutely fantastic.:D

Back