Maiden England '88 + History Part 3 coming March 25th!

In Norway we got this on friday :)! Great DVD and great documentary as always! Aparently Adrian left the band because the band was starting to play too fast ????

Kinda. They end by mentioning it but then we get a "to be continued" thing. Which is awesome because that means we'll get a 90's dvd :D

In Norway we got this on friday :)! Great DVD and great documentary as always! Aparently Adrian left the band because the band was starting to play too fast ????
I don't think that's what they meant. He was unhappy about the band playing fast and that was probably the first of many disagreements that Adrian had about the overall direction of the band. Of course this would only get worse by the 90's when they decided to strip down the sound as well. Of course we'll have to wait for that portion of the documentary to be released.

I think this is how you do them:
[ spoiler] TEXT HERE [ /spoiler]
Just miss the spaces out

Ooops! I don't know how to make spoilers. Am I in trouble?
Nah. It's only a rule for tours. I just figured we should use them for those who haven't watched it yet. But then again, it would probably be a good idea for them to avoid this thread right now anyway.

I never did get find a copy of that. But now I'm glad I didn't, because there were a few things in that doc I didn't know about. Mostly from the SIT era.

I don't think that's what they meant. He was unhappy about the band playing fast and that was probably the first of many disagreements that Adrian had about the overall direction of the band. Of course this would only get worse by the 90's when they decided to strip down the sound as well. Of course we'll have to wait for that portion of the documentary to be released.

Yes, You're probalby right. Found it strange if this was he only reason. But they sure play fast on this performance. But I like it!

It probably wasn't really a reason for him to leave. But it was definitely something he was unhappy about then and evidently still is today. I think it's been discussed here before that they don't play the songs that fast anymore and some songs (Flight Of Icarus) don't get played at all for this reason. Also, I noticed Wasted Years is played significantly slower than the rest of the songs on Maiden England

Back