Maiden England '88 + History Part 3 coming March 25th!

That's my interpretation of what you're explaining. You would like something extra, and if that is not available then no excessive studio/gear talk (no stuff you'd like extra + no excessive studio/gear talk = nothing you can see more of).

I am just trying to find out much you dislike studio talk. No worries.

I like studio talk. That is why i recommended the Classic album series because that is what people in this thread seemed to be looking for. its a great DVD. I don't find gear talk particularly interesting though and I wouldn't think it was relevant for a DVD of this sort.

I see. But: If there would be no more of the stuff available for the DVD; the stuff you would like to have more of, and if there were only studio talk available instead: would you still not like to have that studio talk landing on Maiden England, as part of the extra's/documentary?

edit:
Remember: we do not have a classic album DVD from SIT or SSOASS and it is not very likely we'll ever have.
It's now or never, don't you agree?

Studio talk is fine and they could place anecdotes about that easily in the documentary part. Bring in Martin Birch for interviews and he could tell some interesting stuff about how they worked on the different tracks. But having Murray explaining what Marshall amps he uses and why and how he has everything tuned up. What pickups he uses, why he choose to play Fender...that kind of stuff on a History of DVD :yawn: I would watch it, yes, but I wouldn't be interested in it.

I don't recall much gear talk on the Classic Album DVD either but it has been some time since I watched it. Mostly studio talk/how the songs were played etc which kept it interesting. I wish there WAS one for each album, would be amazing.

I know that there is a lot of technical/gear talk on the recent behind the scenes DVDs and lots of Maiden fans love it..I just go "Oh thats cool" when the camera takes me backstage and I'm shown Janicks guitar rig or whatever..I'm not one to go: "That SO interesting!!" and pause the video to get a closer look at the details ;)

Naw, more gear talk! :p

Fender's, Jackson's, Floyd Rose's, Gallien Kruger 250 ML's, GR-700's, G-707's... oh, I just seem to be talking about SiT again. A whole SiT gear DVD!! Bring it on...
(--& pausing is very much encouraged!)

They could put all of that talk on a 40 minute extra feature and I'd probably watch it once..maybe twice...:D I understand the demand for it, if you're a guitar gear freak it would be heaven I'm sure.

What, to turn it off!? :D

In a way, I'm not really that fussed; as long as stuff (even if we don't get to see it any time soon) is being cleaned up, preserved, archived, etc. This is Maiden's history. It should be preserved & treasured. Sharing it is, unfortunately, always going to involve some element of selection/editing.

I really appreciate insights into the creative process much like Bruce gives on the Tyranny of Souls EPK from the Anthology. But I think Steve isn't really into that unfortunately...

Bruce, as always, spells out how it's to be done in his solo releases. His interviews are insightful, entertaining and interesting. I really appreciate his comments on how the videos were made, especially because they demonstrate how with a creative mind, genius is always borderline madness. :D

Back