Maiden England 2012-2013 Official DVD possibilities

Kinda off topic, but I was watching the Las Vegas show on yt, that was performed last Thursday and Bruce went off on a fan that apparently bullied his way up to the front and hit young girls to do it, and had the guy and maybe his wife, ejected from the show. Bruce stopped singing while the band kept playing on and he watched and made sure they were ejected before continuing the song! I now return you all back to the DVD discussion!

I wonder if it's possible to have the audio of the Rio rip cleaned and fixed up. That would make for such an amazing release!

I'm pretty sure they have a pristine track recorded. The sound coming from the band, if recorded, would be their raw sound being captured. The mix that we heard on the webcast was what was "mixed" on the spot. They can separate channels and adjust specific levels if wanted/needed here and there with a recorded track. Somebody dropped the ball big time though on their sound. I just listened to Avenged Sevenfold through my 5.1 surround system, and they sound ballsy and in your face with tight bass and crunchy highs. Not sure if Kevin Shirley is to blame 100 percent or the sound techs working that night... The Maiden show still sounds great after the third song or so with a bit of a dropout near the middle of the set.
It would be a great show if remastered to give it that punch that it needs on both ends of the sound spectrum. Aren't they recording Santiago as well? They may combine the best footage/sound from both shows. I hope not because I'd rather a whole show uncut from one venue.
Most live recordings that you buy on DVD or cd have been so retouched and perfected, it's hardly the same track that was actually recorded. KISS have admitted that their Alive! album was mostly from recordings of the band in a wharehouse with canned audience noise. With all that said, yes, I do think they can master it. The question now is will they, since everybody has downloaded it?

That's quite interesting Maiden10_0. Even if we don't get an official live release, I think most of us will be quite happy with the Rio show because it doesn't sound too bad overall and if nothing else is made available, it'll be all we have for an entire pro show.

That's quite interesting Maiden10_0. Even if we don't get an official live release, I think most of us will be quite happy with the Rio show because it doesn't sound too bad overall and if nothing else is made available, it'll be all we have for an entire pro show.

I agree with you! I personally love the show and have no issues with an entire pro shot show by maiden that is of good quality as it is!

As a side note, after giving Avenged Sevenfold a second viewing, they also have minor audio dropouts like Maiden, so it may have well just been a broadcast sound issue! :)

On RiR's official EU youtube page, there are a shitload of videos uploaded, from Beyoncés, Metallicas, Sebastian Bach's, Bon Jovi's sets and many more. But no Maiden.

On RiR's official EU youtube page, there are a shitload of videos uploaded, from Beyoncés, Metallicas, Sebastian Bach's, Bon Jovi's sets and many more. But no Maiden.
Maybe because Maiden own the rights to their footage exclusively? Makes sense if they do indeed release this officially...

Last edited:
Most live recordings that you buy on DVD or cd have been so retouched and perfected, it's hardly the same track that was actually recorded. KISS have admitted that their Alive! album was mostly from recordings of the band in a wharehouse with canned audience noise. With all that said, yes, I do think they can master it. The question now is will they, since everybody has downloaded it?

The Rock In Rio 2001 was also broadcasted on Brazilian TV and is still probably available on YouTube, so I don't think this will be a problem. If they do release it, I'm looking forward to hearing the difference in the mix and, of course, finding out if anything was redone in the studio, as many bands do, but none admit to it. A favorite example of mine is Bruce Dickinson's "Scream For Me Brazil" - check out the video version from his DVD box set and the CD version which was released separately - I'd say they re-recorded at least 50% of all guitar parts!

Really? Since the day the CD came out I already had a feeling that some stuff sounds like it was done in the studio (e.g. H's solo in King in Crimson).
I never compared it well with the DVD, but thanks for bringing this to my attention. It wouldn't be the only time Roy Z is involved in studio work on a live album (Live Insurrection by Halford).

Last edited:
Scream For Me Brazil CD was recorded over two dates.
The "DVD" footage is nothing more than recorded video wall feed + soundboard audio, eg. a pro bootleg, of a single concert date.

Most of the footage isn't compatible, eg. CD audio is from another date than DVD video, however songs that match (like The Tower), match perfectly.

The Rock In Rio 2001 was also broadcasted on Brazilian TV and is still probably available on YouTube, so I don't think this will be a problem. If they do release it, I'm looking forward to hearing the difference in the mix and, of course, finding out if anything was redone in the studio, as many bands do, but none admit to it. A favorite example of mine is Bruce Dickinson's "Scream For Me Brazil" - check out the video version from his DVD box set and the CD version which was released separately - I'd say they re-recorded at least 50% of all guitar parts!

On one hand, I hope they release this with a nice mix... On the other hand, I'd like to see the download show in its entirety! One can never have enough pro shot Maiden concerts on DVD! Especially from this cool tour! :)

Wouldn't be too certain; they did a similar thing with Sonisphere 2010. Highlights were aired on TV but nothing from Maiden.

Scream For Me Brazil CD was recorded over two dates.
The "DVD" footage is nothing more than recorded video wall feed + soundboard audio, eg. a pro bootleg, of a single concert date.

Most of the footage isn't compatible, eg. CD audio is from another date than DVD video, however songs that match (like The Tower), match perfectly.

Compare Adrian's solo between 6:05 - 6:10 with the CD version and tell me it wasn't re-recorded. Also the theme played on the 1st string around 6:28-6:30, either Adrian or Roy are out of tune, which isn't audible on the CD. On the other hand, Chemical Wedding on the CD was taken from this show and it does sound identical...

Here's another: AoB - I'd say that it's on the CD version, but listen to the solos - re-recorded, most certainly.

I also would like to compare King in Crimson. Especially Adrian's solo sounds like it's planted afterwards in the studio. The sound is kind of isolated, like you can hear it's encapsulated with a little vacuum of silence around it. Great solo by the way, but I always had the idea it doesn't sound like it's done in the rest of the live environment.

This is the version from the DVD, but it's obviously much different from the CD, so I'd wager it's from the other evening... But holy crap, listen to Adrian's solo from here and from the CD, it's so well-played, so precise, almost no difference. And while I respect Roy very much, it's obvious that he has a tendency to make mistakes live. I'd bet that his solo was redone in this case, not Adrian's.

Guys, why are we talking about this in the Maiden England 2012-2013 Official DVD possibilities thread? It's very (very) interesting, but nobody's going to look at this thread in a few years --& all these fine points might be rather lost to the idle browser...

Back