Maiden England 2012-2013 Official DVD possibilities

Do you guys think they will release a long form concert, En Vivo style, to document this tour? If so, do you think they will just have one song from a different city like they did with flight 666. i personally prefer an entire uncut performance from one city. That way, you get a truer vibe to the interaction between the band and audience.
Also, if they do release this, do you think they will film it in Rio once again or
now that it is pretty much well known that Maiden filmed the Download fest with the Spitfire buzzing by and Kevin Shirley admitting that they are putting a mix to it, that they will use that recording only and maybe package it with donnington 92 or something?
. If not Rio, which venue would you like to see on film?
Lastly, would you like to see the same edit job they did with En Vivo, or just a more conventional "concert edit" and not the epileptic seizure inducing edits of Death on the Road or Rock in Rio dvd? I have to admit, I'm really enjoying the En Vivo edit the more times I see it!

If I recall correctly, didn't Kevin Shirley tease/hint that they had pro-shot the entire Download Festival concert for the purpose of making a DVD/bluray release? That sounds familiar.

I'd personally prefer to see the same edit job like they did with En Vivo. I just can't get enough of that concert, and I feel the multiple angled shots have a lot to do with it. There's just too much going on at an Iron Maiden live concert that it's hard to experience it all while focused on one shot/member/crowd. So I prefer En Vivo's style of editing (where you could be looking at Bruce, Adrian, and Dave all at once, for example).

And I'd also prefer one city. I was not that big of a fan of Flight 666's sixteen different cities.

EDIT: Didn't check your spoiler until after the fact. But anyways, yeah, I'd heard the rumor from Kevin Shirley that they're supposedly wanting to put the Download Festival on dvd.

If I recall correctly, didn't Kevin Shirley tease/hint that they had pro-shot the entire Download Festival concert for the purpose of making a DVD/bluray release? That sounds familiar.

I'd personally prefer to see the same edit job like they did with En Vivo. I just can't get enough of that concert, and I feel the multiple angled shots have a lot to do with it. There's just too much going on at an Iron Maiden live concert that it's hard to experience it all while focused on one shot/member/crowd. So I prefer En Vivo's style of editing (where you could be looking at Bruce, Adrian, and Dave all at once, for example).

And I'd also prefer one city. I was not that big of a fan of Flight 666's sixteen different cities.

EDIT: Didn't check your spoiler until after the fact. But anyways, yeah, I'd heard the rumor from Kevin Shirley that they're supposedly wanting to put the Download Festival on dvd.

I thought I was the only one who loves the en Vivo edit! It demands multiple viewings, and looks fantastic on a large screen tv.
Flight 666 never let you settle down into the set because of the multiple venues used... It didn't have a good flow to it IMO..
As far as Download goes, the only negative, and I've heard others mention it, is that the download fest was shot with a lot of daylight, making the experience less atmospheric, but honestly, I have yet to see a DVD released by Maiden that captures that aspect of the show correctly. En Vivo comes severely close! On the other hand, download would be a great choice if only for the unique opening of the show! Either way, I, for one cannot wait for a release!

The En Vivo split screen thing has grown on me, although it's crap on a small TV like mine. But yeah, it saves the old problem of missing a nice solo in favour of zooming in on Bruce trying to get the crowd going, or Janick wrapping his leg around his head etc.
Would be great, from a personal point of view, to see the Download performance on DVD - makes up for not being able to see over all those goddam tall people on the day.

The En Vivo split screen thing has grown on me, although it's crap on a small TV like mine. But yeah, it saves the old problem of missing a nice solo in favour of zooming in on Bruce trying to get the crowd going, or Janick wrapping his leg around his head etc.
Would be great, from a personal point of view, to see the Download performance on DVD - makes up for not being able to see over all those goddam tall people on the day.

Lol! Although I didn't attend Download, I do have an Adrian Smith guitar pick from that show (thanks to eBay). It has "Maiden England Donington 8 8 13" on one side and Adrian's name on the other on top of 5 stars to represent the 5 times Maiden has headlined Donington! So it would be cool to have the actual show to go along with my pick!
That's the only drawback with festivals. Too many people and the true fans of the band for the most part get stuck way behind the crowd of mostly people who don't care about who's onstage as long as there is music going on...

I attended download it was a cracking show, the crowd at the front where i was ( i dont know if others had this problem) were a bit more suited for a slayer concert than a Maiden concert. I dont mind a mosh pit, but a maiden gig should be jumping clapping and if someone falls over help each other out. where i was circle pits people pushing each other just annoyed me. Anyway, on SkyArts highlight Airbourne said Iron Maiden were filming it for a DVD tie in Mr Shirleys comments, id say were going to get either a Donnington box set or just this concert. Their are a number of reasons ive heard for 2007, maidens performance was apparently sloppy to some (not my opinion i liked the performance), the flags ruined camera shots, the webcast was reproduced and spread round the internet (id still prefer a HD version than a semi blurry version), daylight ruined light show etc. Personally i think knowing how much Sir Steve plans ahead he had a plan to headline Donnington 5 times (come on i think he even knew theyd stay popular) and it thanks to it coming in a complete circle (first headline was 88 and 5th time was maiden england 2013) what better way to celebrate maidens history of headlining such a well known Rock/Metal festival.

I attended download it was a cracking show, the crowd at the front where i was ( i dont know if others had this problem) were a bit more suited for a slayer concert than a Maiden concert. I dont mind a mosh pit, but a maiden gig should be jumping clapping and if someone falls over help each other out. where i was circle pits people pushing each other just annoyed me. Anyway, on SkyArts highlight Airbourne said Iron Maiden were filming it for a DVD tie in Mr Shirleys comments, id say were going to get either a Donnington box set or just this concert. Their are a number of reasons ive heard for 2007, maidens performance was apparently sloppy to some (not my opinion i liked the performance), the flags ruined camera shots, the webcast was reproduced and spread round the internet (id still prefer a HD version than a semi blurry version), daylight ruined light show etc. Personally i think knowing how much Sir Steve plans ahead he had a plan to headline Donnington 5 times (come on i think he even knew theyd stay popular) and it thanks to it coming in a complete circle (first headline was 88 and 5th time was maiden england 2013) what better way to celebrate maidens history of headlining such a well known Rock/Metal festival.

I agree with you. I'd love to see a Donington box set myself, but with the special way they started that show, I'd say no less than a single concert release of download 2013! Regardless, it's gonna be awesome listening to and seeing this current show in HD!

I'd really like a Donington Box Set, with '92, '07, and '13. There's a slim possibility footage of '88 exists, but if it does, it would be fantastic to see that on there as well. However,
a solely Donington '13 DVD likely not find its way to my collection. This ridiculous amount of setlist overlap on recent live releases really diminishes value for fans like me who already have all recent Maiden releases. I don't need another live rendition of 2 Minutes/RTTH/NOTB/The Trooper etc...

I hope they will film the show at "Rock in Rio" where they miss since 12 years !! It would be a memorable concert for the fans and absolutely to catch on dvd !!! I think it's better "rock in rio" than "Donington" where they play other few times the last 10 years. So it would be to film rock in rio.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-brazilian-concerts-to-be-professionally-recorded/ Looks like they either didnt like the recording they got from Donnington or they are planning on this Donnington box set. Im surprised they are filming a brazil show, even though the crowd will be epic. Rock In Rio is broadcasted worldwide on youtube now, not like it was back in 2001. The quality is 1080p and easy to rip (even im recording it), they didnt release Download 2007 due to the webcast and stuff, filming a show that will be all over the internet in full hd within a day doesnt make as much sense.

Not too thrilled about the prospects of another Rock In Rio....I know it's been like what 12 years since Rock in Rio came out but I don't know what we need another one for...also they did also just release En Vivo which was also shot in South America...To be honest I'd be much more intrigued if they released like I don't know an indoor show from the states or a Canada gig! Something out of the ordinary...Sorta like what whey did with Dortmund/Death on The Road..

Also, judging from the article, 2014 seems to be a very low key Maiden year...they'll probably take most of it off :(

I don't really care if they release a concert from Rio, Download Festival, Siberia, Arctic... as long as the performance is good. Also, I don't have a problem if they release a DVD from every single tour till the end of the band.

Well the performance is always gonna be good, we know that! :D But yeah, personally? There is something that speaks for shooting a concert DVD in more intimate and atmospherics surroundings instead of always watching DVDs from those big festivals. It's a big part of the reason why Maiden England 88 the original concert VHS is my favorite Maiden show...That Birmingham NEC venue and the crowd totally makes it a much more intimate gig to watch.

I have to agree, their are reasons why i wanted Download to be released (i was there, its the uk and the history) but you wouldnt of got the full experience of the light show because it didnt get dark till late in the show. RiR is better for that as they wont come on till midnight brazil time so that makes sense, its the fact they didnt release 2 dvds because one of the shows from their respective tour (05 and 07) was all over the internet. Why film RiR if its going to be on the internet, un cut and in full hd? They should of filmed both of the O2 arena shows, its dark, sold out crowd and they were cracking performances from what ive seen on youtube.

I'd really like a Donington Box Set, with '92, '07, and '13. There's a slim possibility footage of '88 exists, but if it does, it would be fantastic to see that on there as well. However,
a solely Donington '13 DVD likely not find its way to my collection. This ridiculous amount of setlist overlap on recent live releases really diminishes value for fans like me who already have all recent Maiden releases. I don't need another live rendition of 2 Minutes/RTTH/NOTB/The Trooper etc...

You seem to forget they could also add the 2003 gig to that boxset.

Back