Maiden England 2012-2013 Official DVD possibilities

The 2003 Donington Park show was scrapped because there were too many flags in front of the cameras, I am led to believe.

There is absolutely no point in releasing a DVD/live album from this tour since they've just released one from 1988 with a similar setlist! (That's not a spoiler by the way, it was said before the tour started that the setlist would be similar.) What I want to see is Maiden's first gig in Japan after being forced to cancel their last shows there because of that massive earthquake. That would actually be a special show!

The 2003 Donington Park show was scrapped because there were too many flags in front of the cameras, I am led to believe.

There is absolutely no point in releasing a DVD/live album from this tour since they've just released one from 1988 with a similar setlist! (That's not a spoiler by the way, it was said before the tour started that the setlist would be similar.) What I want to see is Maiden's first gig in Japan after being forced to cancel their last shows there because of that massive earthquake. That would actually be a special show!
I disagree. I think there is no point releasing a '13 DVD because
the setlist is SO similar to Flight 666! Aces, Two Minutes, Trooper, RTTH, NOTB, CIPWM, Clairvoyant, Moonchild, Wasted Years, FOTD... plus TETMD and Running Free were on En Vivo. When F666 came out, we were finally getting official current lineup live versions of Aces, Revelations, Wasted Years, HCW, ROTAM, Powerslave, Moonchild and The Clairvoyant. With ME 2013 all we'd get is ATSS, Seventh Son and The Prisoner. I'd be more inclined to buy a '13 concert film if the setlist were exactly the same as 1988.

It really is time for a new studio album.
If we have to wait some years, then I hope the boys will have some solo fun in 2015:

A Bruce Dickinson / Primal Rebellion / Steve Harris tour!

The guys involved will spend the whole of 2014 throwing dice to decide on the running order of the line-up, which can differ per city.

LOL.

Though the idea would be really fun, I sincerely doubt that Bruce and 'Arry would spend their time off from Maiden touring together. I bet they'd schedule their respective tours so that they don't even bump into each other in the same country.

They have to, if they don't want to break their 3-year interval policy.

A Bruce Dickinson / Primal Rebellion / Steve Harris tour!

The guys involved will spend the whole of 2014 throwing dice to decide on the running order of the line-up, which can differ per city.

I'd love to see British Lion opening for PRR. :D

They have to, if they don't want to break their 3-year interval policy.
I wonder if they have some sort of contract for that, can't even think of what they'd make another greatest hits out of. They were really scraping at the bottom of the barrel with From Fear To Eternity.

Maybe they can take all their compilations and make a Best Of out of that. :p

They can always return to Best of the Beast and do a 1998-2010 compilation.

Live best ofs are so lame. But no, they haven't.

I suppose. Not any lamer than a regular comp anyway.

The only compilation I have is the two disc version of Best of the Beast, because it's got rare stuff on it.

I have that and The Essential Iron Maiden just because I didn't know any better at the time.

First compilation i got was Edward the Great the first version not the 2005, by that time i had all the albums and live albums. I dont really look for a compilation album unless the band is new to me, like with Rush i bought the time stand still compilation then got all the albums. Edward the Great is probably my favorite compilation, it was all the hits but in order so you could hear the band change over time starting at RTTH ending with Wicker man (well FOTD at RiR 2001), plus i was 8/9 when i got it. I dont mind Maiden putting out greatest hits, as a fan you choose wither to buy them and as a new fan it helps people get into Maiden. Plus the new artwork is usually great, i didnt like SBIT artwork but loved the FFTE artwork. If they were to do a new compilation they should do one with Setlist, where all the songs on the CD are live. Maiden must of recorded a tonne of shows that never seen the light of day, why not do a compilation of 00s/10s recordings. I have the Setlist: The Very Best of Judas Priest and i listen to it a lot. This type of compilation would appeal to the fans and newer fans, because its new fresh recordings but itl be mixed from BNW, DOD, AMOLAD,TFF tours so a mix of new and hits.

Back