Maiden England 2012-2013 Official DVD possibilities

Maiden must of recorded a tonne of shows that never seen the light of day, why not do a compilation of 00s/10s recordings. I have the Setlist: The Very Best of Judas Priest and i listen to it a lot. This type of compilation would appeal to the fans and newer fans, because its new fresh recordings but itl be mixed from BNW, DOD, AMOLAD,TFF tours so a mix of new and hits.

I still wish we had a live album from the AMOLAD tour. The bootlegs will have to do, especially Globen (which is pretty solid).

As far as another compilation, I don't see the point. From Fear to Eternity had songs from TFF, so it's just silly at this point. I was joking about a live compilation. They have so many recent live albums, it would just make more sense to buy a full live album that mixes new songs and hits, i.e. Death on the Road, Rock in Rio, or En Vivo!

The only compilation I have is the two disc version of Best of the Beast, because it's got rare stuff on it.

Best of The Beast is the best compilation for sure.

Well, From Fear To Eternity was a best of from the 90s until 2010...So they just have to go back and make a general Greatest hits I guess :D

First compilation i got was Edward the Great the first version not the 2005, by that time i had all the albums and live albums. I dont really look for a compilation album unless the band is new to me, like with Rush i bought the time stand still compilation then got all the albums. Edward the Great is probably my favorite compilation, it was all the hits but in order so you could hear the band change over time starting at RTTH ending with Wicker man (well FOTD at RiR 2001), plus i was 8/9 when i got it. I dont mind Maiden putting out greatest hits, as a fan you choose wither to buy them and as a new fan it helps people get into Maiden. Plus the new artwork is usually great, i didnt like SBIT artwork but loved the FFTE artwork. If they were to do a new compilation they should do one with Setlist, where all the songs on the CD are live. Maiden must of recorded a tonne of shows that never seen the light of day, why not do a compilation of 00s/10s recordings. I have the Setlist: The Very Best of Judas Priest and i listen to it a lot. This type of compilation would appeal to the fans and newer fans, because its new fresh recordings but itl be mixed from BNW, DOD, AMOLAD,TFF tours so a mix of new and hits.

I agree that Edward The Great is the best single disc compilation....But Best of The Beast the 2 CD booklet version is the best comp they've put out. Rare soundhouse tracks, a new track, Blaze live tracks...A good selection of live and studio etc...Amazing booklet...Awesome Riggs art on the front.

It's an easy way to start listening to a band, especially older artists. These days, you can't even find some of the soul/pop/rock from the 60's/70's on anything but comps.

I'm proud to say that I never bought a Maiden comp. I have Best of the B'Sides, which is technically a comp, but I wouldn't count it.

I've discovered a lot of great bands through compilations. I don't think any comp "sucks" as their only purpose is to reel in new fans. Most of the time it's just gonna be singles anyway.

They're obsolete now though, with services like youtube and spotify.

I'm proud to say that I never bought a Maiden comp. I have Best of the B'Sides, which is technically a comp, but I wouldn't count it.

6630.jpg

I've discovered a lot of great bands through compilations. I don't think any comp "sucks" as their only purpose is to reel in new fans. Most of the time it's just gonna be singles anyway.

They're obsolete now though, with services like youtube and spotify.

Indeed. I've got nothing against comps, but I'm not a fan of them most of the time. Even if I buy a comp, I always want to hear the album because of the original track order.

Most of the time when I listen to compilations, it's a collection of a band's old demos/EPs and such. Convenient, because it's all in one place.
Very rarely do I listen to them when it's just previously released tracks from albums I already have.

Last edited:
I have most of the compilations on LP ... I spin them once in a while. It would be cool if, ala Best of the Beast, they put an occasional new song on them

Does the band intend for the Rio show to be posted and available on YouTube? Because I'm thinking you can either record the stream or someone will most likely post it on YouTube very soon after it streams. Any thoughts? Reason I'm asking is because KISS broadcast their new Monster stage and uncut live show on Axis Tv channel for free and now you can download it from just about anywhere. Kiss has more to gain from a free broadcast because they're still trying to sell tickets, as Maiden is at the seemingly end of this fantastic tour. You'd think Maidem would want to capitalize on a live dvd as opposed to a free stream... :)

Does the band intend for the Rio show to be posted and available on YouTube? Because I'm thinking you can either record the stream or someone will most likely post it on YouTube very soon after it streams. Any thoughts? Reason I'm asking is because KISS broadcast their new Monster stage and uncut live show on Axis Tv channel for free and now you can download it from just about anywhere. Kiss has more to gain from a free broadcast because they're still trying to sell tickets, as Maiden is at the seemingly end of this fantastic tour. You'd think Maidem would want to capitalize on a live dvd as opposed to a free stream... :)

I'm sure someone will record the stream, regardless.
Ghost has already had their whole stream ripped and uploaded to youtube.

I'm sure someone will record the stream, regardless.
Ghost has already had their whole stream ripped and uploaded to youtube.

How can this be when this show (2013) hasn't been played yet? Am I correct? I live in New Orleans and its schedules to stream 10pm later central standard time?

He means after they've played the show tonight in Rio. Someone will probably have the show ripped and posted tomorrow on YouTube.

Back