Maiden Albums: Head to Head

Vote for your favourite song from each pair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8-3 for Powerslave. Voted for all of its album tracks + "Hooks In You", "Bring Your Daughter..." and "Kill Me Ce Soir".

Losfer Words launches with some great driving riffing but it doesn't sustain itself.
No way it should beat the poignant and very well-sung No Prayer.

Aces High vs Tailgunner
2 Minutes to Midnight vs Holy Smoke
Losfer Words vs No Prayer for the Dying
Flash of the Blade
vs Public Enema Number One
The Duellists vs Fates Warning
Back in the Village vs The Assassin
Powerslave vs Run Silent, Run Deep
King of Twilight vs Hooks in You
Rainbow's Gold vs Bring You Daughter To The Slaughter
Mission From 'Arry vs Kill Me Ce Soir
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
vs Mother Russia

7-4 to 'Powerslave'. Would be 7-1 without b-sides. No tough choices in this one.

"Losfer Words" is one of Maiden's most underrated songs. It's their best instrumental and I'm always shocked when I hear people say it's not as good as the other three.

I'm happy someone voted for "Mission". I would've voted for it myself if it weren't up against "Kill Me Ce Soir", a cover which I just love. :D
Yep. I like KMCS but not only is Mission awesome, it's also representing Maiden's best album, so.... :innocent:

Aces High vs Tailgunner
2 Minutes to Midnight vs Holy Smoke
Losfer Words vs No Prayer for the Dying
Flash of the Blade vs Public Enema Number One
The Duellists vs Fates Warning
Back in the Village
vs The Assassin
Powerslave vs Run Silent, Run Deep
King of Twilight vs Hooks in You
Rainbow's Gold vs Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Mission from 'Arry
vs Kill Me Ce Soir
Rime of the Ancient Mariner vs Mother Russia

8-3.
Almost clean sweep for my favourite album vs one of my least favourites. Tough choice between 2 Minutes and Holy Smoke, and bad luck for Mother Russia :p

7-4 for Powerslave.

I actually went with more NPFTD songs than I expected, but luckily for it the stronger songs were paired with the weaker middle portion of Powerslave.

As classic as Powerslave is, I'm still shocked that Aces High and the title track are completely sweeping right now. I always expect there to be at least one major detractor.

Back