Maiden Albums: Head to Head

Vote for your favourite song from each pair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Pilgrim is a great song. I guess it wouldn't get this many votes if it was even remotely close to being one of the worst. Amazing solo by Janick, very cool instrumental bits and a pretty strong chorus (Or is it actually pre-chorus? I mean the "Liberty and hope divine" part). I'm glad it's winning, but I like Fortunes of War as well.

All of these songs have their own charm, but Out of the Shadows is probably the worst here. Bruce sounds bored out of his mind.

"Out of the Shadows" is an outstanding ballad that ended up being further developed into the even better "Coming Home". Both are easily among Bruce's most touching performances ever.

All of these songs have their own charm, but Out of the Shadows is probably the worst here. Bruce sounds bored out of his mind.
No. 'Out of the Shadows' is a beautiful song and among Maiden's best. Bruce sounds fantastic on it, not bored. If you want to hear Bruce sounding bored then listen to the 1988 re-recordings of 'Charlotte the Harlot' and 'Prowler'.
"Out of the Shadows" is an outstanding ballad that ended up being further developed into the even better "Coming Home". Both are easily among Bruce's most touching performances ever.
'Coming Home' is a nice song but a bit dull - I don't think it was all that impressive live either. I think it's a bit too slow for my liking.

No. 'Out of the Shadows' is a beautiful song and among Maiden's best. Bruce sounds fantastic on it, not bored. If you want to hear Bruce sounding bored then listen to the 1988 re-recordings of 'Charlotte the Harlot' and 'Prowler'.
No, Bruce sounds far more inspired there than on OOTS.

No, Bruce sounds far more inspired there than on OOTS.
giphy.gif

Bruce sounds more bored during at least half of Fear of the Dark than on the entirety of "Out of the Shadows" (this coming from someone who actually likes FOTD).
On the live versions, maybe............................

...and an 8-3 win for AMOLAD closes the round-robin seeding portion of the game.

Sorry for the long delay. In addition to calculating the results and getting things set up for the bracket portion of the game, my spread sheet crashed and I had to do a lot of data re-entry.
But we are here:

Group A was by far the tightest draw. Three one-point wins gave Powerslave the top seed.
Group B was rather lopsided, with Somewhere in Time taking top spot.
Group C saw 7th Son carry the day with three convincing wins.
Group D belongs to Piece of Mind thanks to a pair of close victories.

Your bracket looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 12.50.12 PM.png

Back