Maiden Albums: Head to Head

Vote for your favourite song from each pair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sea of Madness got a raw deal here. I did have to think about whether I'd go with that or BTATS, so it was definitely one of the more difficult rounds. Heaven Can Wait and The Pilgrim were equally difficult, but more because they are both among the weakest songs on their respective albums. Went with Heaven Can Wait since that song at least has some good guitar work and a great bridge.

No really tough choices here, AMOLAD outshines the mostly overrated SIT in almost every way. The only one I had to think about for a while was CSIT vs Different World - close call, but went with CSIT in the end as one of only two songs from SIT. I can see I'm in a minority on some of the choices though :p

The songs I voted for where I'm in the minority: Out of the Shadows, Benjamin Breeg, Deja Vu, The Legacy. The first and last of these were essentially tossups in their matches to me, the middle two were easy decisions to make.

all together I was 6-5 in favor of AMOLAD, but it looks like SIT is going to win this 7-4.

6-5 in favour of SIT for me. Funny, I've always thought I like AMOLAD better.
The most difficult choice for me was Heaven Can Wait vs The Pilgrim. I just don't like either.

Yes, I agree. I really love These Colours...for example and I would have sworn that I would vote for it over the majority of SIT tracks, but... tough luck against Wasted Years.

AMOLAD has still performed very well here, despite the massive enthusiasm for SIT in the fan community.

The individual battles may have been tighter, but for the third consecutive round, the Golden Age album wins.
Somewhere in Time knocks off A Matter of Life and Death 7-4 — despite carrying three B -sides — and sets itself up as an album to watch

Next up, Killers versus the X-Factor :fencing:

I voted for 8 The X-Factor songs. The battles in which Killers songs won:

Genghis Khan - Look for the Truth
Prodigal Son - The Edge of Darkness
Purgatory - 2 A.M.

Last edited:
Back