Lost In A Lost World

How good is Lost in a Lost World on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread for all discussion of the track 'Lost In A Lost World' from Iron Maiden's 17th Studio album 'Senjutsu'.

The more I listen to this song, the more I'm bummed that they settled for this as the chorus. The song would be really nice with a better one. I really love the outro (and the part that sounds like the outro before the first chorus), but really that chorus doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:
Worst song of the album. Amazing intro and outro, but that's it. The middle part is just... There. Repetitative and the chorus is meh. Could be somewhat salvageble by heavy editing.

This song is only the 2nd ever Harris only track without Janick Gers playing a solo in it (since he is in the band of course ;) ).
The previous one was 26 years ago: Judgement of Heaven on The X-Factor album.

Just had my first listen. Very much Wild Wind Blows groove/lead for quite a bit of this song. Will need more listens to see if I remember it for anything else.

I will really take a deeper look at the lyrics in my listen session of tomorrow, but from what I’ve got the lyrics of this song are amazing

The more I listen to this song, the more I'm bummed that they settled for this as the chorus. The song would be really nice with a better one. I really love the outro (and the part that sounds like the outro before the first chorus), but really that chorus doesn't do it

Can certainly see why people really dislike this one but i think it's a great track, the middle section display's some of the worst Harris-isms but the beginning and end sections are fantastic and have some suprising things i wouldn't have expected from a solo Steve penned song, love the shifting rhythms and jumping around from riff to riff but it can be pretty jarring, I think they pull this one off

This is actually my second favorite 'Arry solo track on Senjutsu. After all the negative reviews, maybe my low expectations for this one actually helped me enjoy it more than I would otherwise. The intro and outro, as others have said, are fantastic. But I also love the instrumental section as well. Great solos! Also, the similar riff to the one in Wild Wind doesn't bother me. I actually prefer it here. It fits this song better anyway, and I like the phrasing better as well.

Very good intro and outro. A quite good chorus. Somme good riffs and solos. A good X Factor Vibe. Not a great song but it is pretty good for me.
I dont understand why some people really dislike this song... and love Death of the Celts. Incomprehensible.

I keep wishing for some reason that Bruce would go lost in a lost wo-a-a-wo-ooorld with a bit of variation to it

When I first listened to this songs's intro I thought "Man... this is great! It could easily be a separate prologue or developed to a song itself". Well, as @Gk1 rightfully pointed out it's already a song itself (and to my dismay it wasn't penned by any of the band's six members - I didn't knew the tune, the most recent stuff I listened by Purple was Abandon I guess) but nonetheless truly top stuff. As for the verses this is tough and strong material. Dense and muscular and yes, reminding somewhat of a less dark X Factor vibe. The pre-chorus is also cool but once again the play along lead guitar annoys me. The refrain then comes as a punch ... And although I like the effect it brings to the whole song (and Bruce's voice is on point) I think it lacks a lead guitar a la Wicker Man to fill the gaps and solidify its bombastic effect. Without it while liking the dynamics it sounds a little "naked" and basic to me. We're propelled into an array of guitar harmonies and man... there could be at least half of the repetitions before the solo. This is far too much! It then returns to the chorus and pre chorus in acoustic form as an outro. So, although I loved it the first time I listened to it I can see now some of its faults (as well as another case of "melody lending"). Still strong as hell and if it wasn't for those details the score would be higher. 8.25/10

Last edited:
Back