Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

How good is Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
My favourite Maiden instrumental. Love the twin guitar work on this one. But it still falls in the good song category.

7/10

Highly underrated, this feels like a normal song, only without words - and that's a great thing. It throws you right in, and doesn't let up. Only Genghis Khan is a better instrumental, and even then it's close. 9/10

I'll just say it should be played on Somewhere Back In Time Tour, instead of whatever song they chose to replace. Great instrumental track.

It's a special song in that it was the last instrumental to ever appear on a Maiden album, but it's not good enough to match their previous instrumentals. It's quite heavy, although it wears off pretty fast due to its repetitiveness. Should've switched lengths with "The Ides of March". Still, deserves a low 8.

Last edited:
It's a fun song. I've always been curious about how it would sound as a non-instrumental and so have mixed in some of Bruce's vocals from Powerslave. Welcome to the 9th track of the album...Lost Words Found (Powerslave II).

https://thewhicheverowl.bandcamp.com/track/lost-words-found-powerslave-ii

a4266946017_16.jpg

Certainly was interesting for a listen but I think I’ll stick with the original. I do appreciate the effort though and I’ll pass it on to some other fans I know.

We begin Maiden's fourth and final instrumental with some Nicko. Perfect way to kick this beast off. Simply put - it's the best instrumental this band has ever created. "Losfer Words" isn't so much an instrumental as it is a Maiden song without lyrics. It makes you feel you're inside the album itself.

10/10. Wonderfully done.

Back