1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

Discussion in 'Powerslave' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

10.0%
  2. 9

7.5%
  3. 8

32.5%
  4. 7

27.5%
  5. 6

10.0%
  6. 5

10.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.5%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Too late ;)

I think next year or so, there will be another chance to edit grades, and vote again. Then you can post it, when the time comes.

2. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Get Piece next.  :)

3. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

I already did. Yesterday I bought Piece, Powerslave, X Factor and Brave New World.

4. Mosh

That's interesting that you got X Factor before NOTB. (not that NOTB is better)

5. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

7. It's not a bad song, but i consider it as one of the four fillers of Fillerslave. Why? It just feels like that way. Too forced - like let's do an instrumental, we haven't done it for two albums, it's played good but the ingredient X for great feeling is missing badly.

6. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

6, weakest of the Maiden instrumental IMO.  It does not seem to go anywhere.

7. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

6. I agree with bearfan.

8. Tron

Tron Trooper

great instrumental with varying pace that compliments the album brilliantly... 8/10

9. czgibson

czgibson Invader

7/10

I enjoy Maiden's instrumental playing a lot, but this track somehow seems a little forced; it feels like it needs some singing on it to provide context. If they'd had more time maybe bits of it could have been used in other songs, where they might have worked better. This seems like ideas left on the cutting room floor, and the ending is noticeably perfunctory.

Having said that, there are some pretty good riffs here, and I enjoy listening to this from time to time. It's just a pity there's no vocals on it, unless you count this:

"...And there's no fuckin' singer on it. Bollocks! Right, 'Losfer Words', here we go..." etc.

10. Mosh

? Is this a quote from a band member?

11. czgibson

czgibson Invader

12. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Either Nicko or (unlikely) Steve, sight unseen.

13. Mosh

14. czgibson

czgibson Invader

It's clearly Bruce; have a listen to the link.

Please forgive my lame attempt at humour. I assumed you guys would know straight away what I was referring to.

15. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I was guessing based on the text, and don't worry, I'm sure most people got it.

16. Mosh

I had never seen it before, and my copy of LAD doesn't have it.  :uhm:

17. czgibson

czgibson Invader

It was a B-side on 'Run To The Hills (Live)', which was released as a single around the same time as Live After Death. It is available on the 1995 CD reissue of that album, which also includes live versions of 'Sanctuary' and 'Murders In The Rue Morgue'.

18. Mosh

what reissue do I have then?!?

19. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

It was on the original cassette (and possibly vinyl as well) release of LAD. But it was re-issued on CD format on First Ten Years Vol VII. Not sure about any CD version of LAD.

The original CD was only a single CD and had only the LA show.

20. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

The 1998. I still find it a better release than the 1995 because it has the unedited version of the original LAD double LP release, and includes a second CD with the tracks that were previously missing. The 1995 release was not remastered.