Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

How good is Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

Could be the worst song of the golden years. Some of the melodies wouldn't sound out of place on a nintendo game. Come to think of it, its a little better than quest for fire. Impressive bass playing but thats about it.

The equal worst song off the album and not as good as Transylvania and Genghis Khan, but it's not bad a bad song. It just pales in comparison to the other songs off the album. Has great melodies and harmonies so I give it a 7/10. I can see why people call it a "regular song" just without lyrics though.

First date: an evening in Paris. Date two: horseback riding on a beach in the Caribbean. And for date three: …a Burger King in Cleveland? Miscasting this song as track three is probably the biggest flaw of Powerslave. The sequencing screamed for a soft-starting epic like No More Lies. Instead we get an energetic but rather forgettable vacation from Bruce. Song’s fine but usually fails to keep my attention. Six.

Technically a step up from the musicianship on most songs on Piece of Mind - which gains it marks - yet apart from the solo its lacks a little soul or bite and is very "atari" as per previous remarks. An important song (as is the whole album) in the band's evolution towards Somewhere In Time greatness and therefore also wins points for an "assist".

It's a rocking, catchy instrumental, but it would probably have been better with Bruce singing.  I don't listen to it too often.  7.

I had to re listen to it to comment on it. It's nice, fun and just not brilliant. Very standard instrumental. 6.

I like this song. The best Maiden instrumental is Transylvania in my opinion, it's a melodical piece. But Losfer Words is belong to great riffs. Maybe the best after the four classics of the album.

8/10

7 out of 10... My least favorite of the Maiden instrumentals... some of the guitar is pretty tasty, but the song as a whole just never seems to come together the way it should. Not to say that it's a bad tune...

This is one of Maiden's more progressive rock statements of the 1980s. I have always been into listening to Maiden's seperate instrumental lines, and without Bruce's voice it's even easier to hear what's going on.
And there's a lot of different stuff going on here. Fantastic pumping bass patterns, and many intruiging guitar parts while Nicko shows his skills underneath.

The lead guitar right after Adrian's solo is reused in The Clansman. During the lead guitar parts, esp. during that Clansman one, there are very nice additionalal guitars playing along. That's what I like about Maiden: when there's a solo, more than a few times, also the backing tracks get a lot of attention.

I think that Powerslave is the album on which the most attention was given to the individual guitar work and this song is a great example of that. A sophisticated and at the same time intelligent, striking song.

This song has been growing heavily on me recently, its a great addition to the album.

I don't think this song gets the credit it deserves. It has some great ideas musically and it's a lot of fun to play on guitar. The only problem I have is that it sounds like a studio rehearsal or a demo. 8/10

This song never caught my attention. I had to listen to it again, but it didn't change my opinion. 3/10.

I love the intro riff. 8 from me, it's my second favorite instrumental, only loses to Transylvania.

Vap said:
I love the intro riff. 8 from me, it's my second favorite instrumental, only loses to Transylvania.

That's what you said from Genghis Khan and you gave a higher grade for The Ides of March.
Conclusion: you have one favourite instrumental, and the rest of your posts are confusing.  :)

Forostar said:
That's what you said from Genghis Khan and you gave a higher grade for The Ides of March.
Conclusion: you have one favourite instrumental, and the rest of your posts are confusing.  :)
Oh yeah, Ides of March is an instrumental too. Genghis Khan? I already forget what I said about that. I'll go to do some correcting, thanks for the heads up.

Oh, and I don't even have all Maiden albums. Only 3 studio albums at the time (Killers, SIT, TFF). Maybe I shouldn't go call things my favorite before listening to all tracks ;)

Back