Look For the Truth

How good is Look For the Truth on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Look For the Truth

6 out of 10... Like a lot of this album, I quite enjoy the musicianship displayed by the rest of the band, but Blaze's weak performance brings down my rating.

Eddies Wingman said:
Haha, fantastic. His positure is pretty much like Blaze on stage

Haha, he keeps his legs on the ground like Blaze and indeed, he also bends his knees in that manner.   :ok:

6/10 I'm sort of OK with this song. Though, if I think of this album, this will be one of the last tracks to recall from it.

Forostar said:
Here is my son dancing on Look for the Truth, unfortunately the image is very dark. Full screen gives best results, I guess.

That put a smile on my face. :)

What can I say? The intro, as everyone has noted, is pure magic. The lyrics are drastic poetry, and the whole song is full of the tense, brooding atmosphere I love the album so much for. I love how it feels so dark and melancholic, but in the end, it is actually really uplifting. 10/10.

Forostar said:
Here is my son dancing on Look for the Truth, unfortunately the image is very dark. Full screen gives best results, I guess.

Excellent! :ok:

Eddies Wingman said:
Haha, fantastic. His positure is pretty much like Blaze on stage, if you can just make him yell "COME ON" now and then, you're there!

Not "COME ON....YOU HEADBANGERS, GO FUCKING MENTAL!"? :innocent:

Forostar said:

Great!  B) He's already a little rocker. I think you have to invest in a drum kit sometime soon, did you notice how he kept the rhythm with the toy?  :ok:

Albie said:
6/10 I'm sort of OK with this song. Though, if I think of this album, this will be one of the last tracks to recall from it.

I thought of this too as I went and looked it up, "Maiden has a track called Look For the Truth? Ohhh yeah, that one!"...It's just not very memorable..

It's a solid song, but way too forgettable.  Had to listen to it twice to give a rating, 7 seems fair enough.

9. Powerful lyrics, great build up from to intro to the remarkable 'oh, oh, oh' choir; once again, the instrumental section has something new, something heavier than usual, a Sabbathical kind of bridge. One of Blaze's best performances on the album. Underrated.

This song has great lyrics and I really like the ooo ooh part. This song is definitely better than the worst songs off the album, but it doesn't have that part that kicks it up into the really great songs. So I give it an 8.

SixesAlltheway said:
Great!  B) He's already a little rocker. I think you have to invest in a drum kit sometime soon, did you notice how he kept the rhythm with the toy?  :ok:

Haha yes, that's his favourite car. We certainly plan to stimulate such abilities, and see if he'll like it, of course.

A 9,9/10 for me

Good lyrics, wonderful intro... I love listening to this when I'm feeling like shit.

What makes the 0,1 points deducted? Even though I love Blaze, I'd rather see more lyrics than OoooOOOoohh

I think it was nailed by the guys that said forgettable. I’ll start out listening to Fortunes and end up in the middle of the Aftermath with no sense of what came in between. Which is a shame because it contains the most personal, heartfelt lyrics Maiden ever did. From what I know of Steve’s focus, dedication, and consistency, the disintegration of his marriage and in some ways his life’s work must have shook his confidence in a way he had never known. His pain, his battle to face it and take responsibility for it and to admit his weakness is all here. The music isn’t bad, but it doesn’t match up. Musically a five, but the lyrics elevate it to a six.

9. This song is pure poetry, intro is one of Maiden's best ever. Yes the ooooh part can be annoying but i don't care because atmosphere is over the top!

One of my faves from the album, great song. 8/10. I love the OOOH!

Definitely worth a 7. A good tune with interesting lyrics, and well sung in my opinion. I would give it more, but as others have implied it doesn't really have an 'amazing moment' like so many Maiden songs do.

I give it a 5 ... as I mentioned on the last song, this is where Blaze's vocals become a bit boring for me, I like many of his songs better on a shuffle than one after another. 

I really like the ooo ooo oooh bit. We're only five songs into the album and two songs have had great ooo ooo ooo ooh bits (LOTF). A good song but gets bookened by two stronger efforts...Fortunes of War and The Aftermath.

Song is ok. It's another one of those forgettable songs. One of the bsides would've been better. 6

Back