Little musical cues that you love

On a similar note, 8:50 in the above video where Janick and Adrian harmonize that little section and then the bass joins in too. God I love that bit. I wonder if they could've added in another guitar part without making it sound too messy or alternatively empty, though.

En Vivi has a lot of small details throughout. It's not my favourite live album but there is a lot of cool stuff on it which isnt on Rock in Rio, Flight 666 or the other recent live releases.

En Vivi has a lot of small details throughout. It's not my favourite live album but there is a lot of cool stuff on it which isnt on Rock in Rio, Flight 666 or the other recent live releases.
This and the general solidity of the performances is why I actually rather like En Vivo. The production is miles better than TBOS: LC too. Depending on the day I might actually rate it above Flight 666, even if that one probably has the overall better setlist.

Adrian is clearly enjoying himself all throughout En Vivo. He’s trying out so many things.
Oh yeah, absolutely. It's a part of why I like the album so much. So many little details and bits thrown in there. All the songs feel like their "ultimate" forms, if that makes sense. Rehearsed and practiced to perfection. Also Adrian's improvisations on his solos are some of the best he's ever done, while Dave and Janick are also on top of their game.

1) The “I’ve got to keep running..” part in Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. Bruce sounds so desperate, and the music just builds and builds before exploding into the solo.
2) This one is more obvious, but the little bass solo after Adrian’s solo in Number of the Beast is my favorite moment of any Maiden concert.

I listed couple favorites already earlier, this is not musical thing but I have to mention that I just love that part just before Bruce starts to interact with the audience during Hallowed Be Thy Name in Live After Death-video. And I mean that particular moment when 'Arry is playing in front of Nicko's set, Bruce stands in the middle and then Adrian & Dave go the upper levels on the sides. Bruce starts to handle the audience (showing hand gesture and rises from down to up), I've always loved that part. It's not musical thing, but I sometimes at home impersonate Bruce's gestures in that particular moment, especially if I listen to any Maiden or any other artist/band aswell. :)

I listed couple favorites already earlier, this is not musical thing but I have to mention that I just love that part just before Bruce starts to interact with the audience during Hallowed Be Thy Name in Live After Death-video. And I mean that particular moment when 'Arry is playing in front of Nicko's set, Bruce stands in the middle and then Adrian & Dave go the upper levels on the sides. Bruce starts to handle the audience (showing hand gesture and rises from down to up), I've always loved that part. It's not musical thing, but I sometimes at home impersonate Bruce's gestures in that particular moment, especially if I listen to any Maiden or any other artist/band aswell. :)
That's one of my favourite parts at any Maiden gig. In particular if I am the show. I also love the second 'scream for me' after the solos in 2 Minutes to Midnight.

From 3:52 onwards.

That's one of my favourite parts at any Maiden gig. In particular if I am the show. I also love the second 'scream for me' after the solos in 2 Minutes to Midnight.

From 3:52 onwards.

Definitely my favorite, I always scream for Bruce when he commands so. The whole "Scream For Me...(insert your city" is actually my favorite thing on these things that artists/bands do on stage. Scream For Me Helsinki..damn, that sounds always so great:cheers:

Back