Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I have absolutely no idea what "Toggle BB code" (the [ ] icon up right) is supposed to mean but it seemed to work.
Yep, that would do it. In that mode it shows you all the markup manually, rather than what-you-see-is-what-you-get, so you can edit it directly if need be. It doesn’t let you directly do WYSIWYG stuff in that mode.

Can't quite figure out if this is a really bleak view of the future or quite the opposite, optimistically assuming humanity will get to other planets instead of destroying this one, or at least itself.

It's the same for me. If we keeping with this mindset which shamelessly exploits /enslaves the 99% of the population we will eventually destroy ourselves anyway. Going to other planets isn't the answer, never was. The answer is sustainably living in this one with the human in the epicentre instead of profit.

I, on the other hand, have now officially reached the day on which I go out for a walk in sweatpants and don't give a fuck.

Next, is to go out in pyjamas like they do in China. They put out their shoes as soon as they step inside a house, but they bring the germs in anyway as they go out with their sleeping clothes. To be fair, you won't see pyjamas in the chic quarters of tier I cities, but you get the point.

On the one hand, this seems petty. On the other, Miller High Life fundamentally sucks, so I have to admit that I enjoy seeing it destroyed.
Been talking about this one at work and it just seems so wild that a private shipment can be legally destroyed because feelings are hurt. Wild stuff.

Also, trade secret of the craft beer industry: we all love a good High Life. It’s the not-so-secret guilty pleasure of the trade.

Anybody knows how this "I'm at an airport" started and what's exactly the purpose? :D

EDIT: We are now at ~25km of Boston Marathon, Kipchoge's leading.

EDIT2: We are ~3 minutes from the finish line. Kipchoge's 8th :(

EDIT3: He just finished. 6th.
Yeah, Wiz used to post every time he was on a train. Then graduated to airports. I think he started the Weetabix thing because of the social media obsession with telling everyone what you're eating. He ate a lot of Weetabix.

Been talking about this one at work and it just seems so wild that a private shipment can be legally destroyed because feelings are hurt. Wild stuff.

Also, trade secret of the craft beer industry: we all love a good High Life. It’s the not-so-secret guilty pleasure of the trade.
Think that's more than hurt feelings. If you brand anything as champagne it has to come from the champagne region, EU law I think. Same issues with Cornish pasties.

Incidentally came across the following quip yesterday:
"It's not Sabaton unless it comes from the Sabaton region of France. Anything else is just sparkling military history inspired metal."

Think that's more than hurt feelings. If you brand anything as champagne it has to come from the champagne region, EU law I think. Same issues with Cornish pasties.

Incidentally came across the following quip yesterday:
"It's not Sabaton unless it comes from the Sabaton region of France. Anything else is just sparkling military history inspired metal."
Indeed! If it's not made in Champagne, then it's just "sparkling wine". You can't put a Fender logo on a strat copy either and pass it off as a Fender; that would be counterfeit regardless if it's made of the exact specs or not (which I suppose would make it even worse, Fender owns the rights to the measurements and proportions).

Ew. I will admit this much, though — the eponymous red label Miller beer they introduced in 1996 (and inexplicably discontinued two years later) was actually pretty decent. Medium-bodied, had some flavor, and still had that ricey aspect that all Miller beers have, so it was on-brand. It was my go-to “simple beer” for those two years, and I wish they still sold it.

@JudasMyGuide - how badly would it offend you if I said that Czech kind of sounds like Polish spoken with an Austrian accent?

I don't personally hear it, myself, but it wouldn't offend me in the slightest.

Heck, considering everything, you just as well might be completely right.

To me, Polish sounds, like, halfway between Czech and Russian, which doesn't really contradict anything...

I am told that German pronounced with a Sunderland accent sounds Austrian.

Every actual human language combined with German sounds Austrian. :ninja:

(just kidding, German can be absolutely astonishinghly beautiful -

"Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Sarastro Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr."

and really funny

"Guten Tag, ich heiße Helmut,
ich bin hier, um Ihre Waschmaschine zu reparieren."
"Sehen Sie das Werkzeug?"
"Aber das ist zu groß!"
"Keine Sorge, ich bin Profi. Wo ist die Waschmaschine? Ich muss Sie korrigieren."
)

Nonetheless, while I personally think that Czech might be among the most beautiful languages ever, if done right, Czech accent in English is probably the worst thing that ever happened to humanity.

Guys, what one Iron Maiden song is the most metal in the thrash metal sense? Ok, the term 'thrash metal' may be little bit misleading, in other words, there's no other song alike in terms of aggressiveness. I think there is one. Only one. Any guesses?

Back