Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Correct. I agree. Pretty thrash metal song, imo. I remember feeling, 'there must be similar songs in their catalog', but no, there isn't, imo. I wanted more of this, when I fell in love with Maiden's music

Czech accent in English is probably the worst thing that ever happened to humanity.

Any accent can be like that if it interferes with the spoken language. If the person speaks the language fluently and the accent just adds to the flavour, it's usually quite charming. I spoke to a group of Czechs yesterday and they were basically all over the spectrum.

Which are the songs from the Reunion era albums that could have been written during the Blaze era and would suit his voice?

I would say:

Brave New World
Blood Brothers
The Mercenary
Dream Of Mirrors
The Nomad
No More Lies
New Frontier
Age Of Innocence
Journeyman
These Colours Don't Run
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
The Final Frontier
The Alchemist
The Man Who Would Be King
When The Wild Wind Blows
The Red And The Black
When The River Runs Deep
Shadows Of The Valley
Tears Of A Clown
The Man Of Sorrows
The Writing On The Wall
Lost In A Lost World
Darkest Hour
Death Of The Celts
The Parchment

Guys, what one Iron Maiden song is the most metal in the thrash metal sense? Ok, the term 'thrash metal' may be little bit misleading, in other words, there's no other song alike in terms of aggressiveness. I think there is one. Only one. Any guesses?
Powerslave of course.

It is kind of repeating the same recipe (Gers) but I like Man on the Edge better especially in the vocals department. In BQOBD the raspy vocals are so biased it’s not fun in my ears.

Which songs from Maiden's post-Di'Anno era albums would have suited his voice and style of the first 2 albums a bit?

IMO:

Invaders
The Number Of The Beast
Gangland
Sun And Steel
Holy Smoke
No Prayer For The Dying
The Assassin
Hooks In You
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
The Fugitive
Weekend Warrior
Man On The Edge
Fortunes Of War (vocals and galloping part yes, but the rest rather no)
2 A.M.
Futureal
Lightning Strikes Twice
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
New Frontier
When The River Runs Deep (especially the melodic riffs)
Darkest Hour (a bit of a Strange World vibe)

Paul's voice would improve some of these songs quite a lot - Invaders, Man On The Edge, Assassin.

Back