Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Fuckin ’hell! I don’t want to know what Oslo looks like during winter, if it’s that cold in September.
Nothing lasts forever, even cold September rain.

I actually was out running tonight, got home just before it was dark. Shorts season is over, but I haven't started wearing wool underneath my running clothes yet.

Nothing lasts forever, even cold September rain.

I actually was out running tonight, got home just before it was dark. Shorts season is over, but I haven't started wearing wool underneath my running clothes yet.

I wanted to run this morning but this rain disheartened me.
Last year I was running with tee shirt and shorts with down to 3 deg Celsius, but all that seems too far now…

Also fjord being so close to the city, plus ant sea wind that goes with it, adds to that cold. It’s not just temperature..

@Dr. Eddies Wingman winter you’re in for some serious cold! I was seeing kids swimming close to the floating saunas and couldn’t believe it. And they do swim under snow I’ve heard.

White & red. And they don’t run either. No jogging.
Swim under snow? If you mean cutting a hole in the ice to go swimming, yes - some people do that. Not that it is very often necessary around those floating saunas in the city centre, the water usually doesn't freeze there, at least not for very long.

I have tried swimming in the snow a couple of times. But that was during a drunken sauna evening, to cool down a bit :D and it is several years ago.

Back