Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Dexter Morgan: :blink:

We'd be wrapping up work of the day and my buddy would say, can't wait to get to home, board the couch, light up and watch Dexter.

I actually thought it was Dexter's Lab.

What's worse is that it was sort of OK, I let it pass, like not so attractive idea to me but I can certainly connect with watching old junk high. Only later on, when he started talking about the show I realized it's not the cartoon and told him I thought it was, and he was like "what the fuck man, who on Earth would do that" and so on :D

Reactions: Nyx
sounds like a scam and/or pyramid scheme

Most of crypto-currency is. It serves a really minuscule niche with some features that mainstream institutions like banks and card companies could take years to implement. And that's it.

The underlying technology isn't even optimal for the task they set themselves to.

Once you take out that 1%, the rest of 99% of market is people investing in the right place, the right amount and pulling out at a right time. Just like any scheme or even get-rich-fast stock options.

Edit : just to make everything clear - the miners are not creating value. They're grinding the system, they're accounting processors. The value does not exist, it is created solely under the pretense that if many people want some item from finite lot of items, it will have rising value, regardless of the item being useless or not.

Edit 2: imagine a paper money system where everything is as it is in IRL, but the more money you use, the more accountants you need. Because none of them trust eachother, actually the implicit distrust is the norm and the dogma, and none of us, consumers, or them, the producers, trust anyone in this middle layer. The bloat is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, with NFTs, especially, there is a lot of washing of the product going on. A NFT costs about $80 USD to mint (to create the algorithm on the blockchain), but then people resell them amongst themselves to create an artificial spike in the value. This isn't abnormal - it happens all the time with all sorts of physical art. Right now, there's a huge amount of artificial price inflation going in the video game cartridge collecting market. But because of the digital nature of NFTs, these trades can happen at a rapid speed. It's pretty much prime for organized crime to launder money and such.

I've never watched Dexter. Not sure it's a show I'd enjoy much.
It was just alright. Nothing super special, and very limited understanding of psychology with the writers. I'm actually working with an artist friend on a story I started writing in my teens about a serial killer protagonist. And I couldn't care less what "normal society" thinks. lol (unlike the creators of Dexter)

LC I would argue that parallels with physical products are inappropriate no matter how much inflated some piece of stuff may be, like those old games.

As an example, the notion that a CPU is cheap to physically produce and its cost comes from IP only is bogus. Chip sales also need to cover the costs of the fab, entire QA, and entire logistical chain. There is free CPU IP on the net, it still costs a shit ton of money to actually make it, and is unavailable to small or medium business if they're not backed up by a massive capital.

It would be extremely expensive today to produce a clone of that cartridge. Not contemporary tech such as generic cartridges that you can just dump a ROM in, but a clone of that cartridge. That PCB, those components, that kind of plastic, that kind of print, that kind of assembly. You would have to have access to a compatible production line.

So as a complete debunk of the crypto people, the value of some oldtimer car is in the high demand for the very very limited quantity of the product, but that balance of things is imposed by the fact that nobody is capable of producing additional products anymore.

Remember Rare Pepe stuff? NFT is just the meme generation trying to attach Mona Lisa values to their junk.

Right, I was just saying that it gets used to artificially inflate price in a similar scam. Same scam, new and more efficient scam. I understand that there's no real value at all to the NFT.

Anyone here into table tennis? As any normal army-serving young man, I’m in the best table tennis form of my life right now and looking to buy a decent racket. Nothing super expensive, just better than the generations-used wood they have here. Of course I can find all the information online but maybe someone here knows this stuff.

You´re welcome! Yeah something like that. :cheers:
the old Maiden forum held so many crazy stories actually.
my trip to Donington, May 31 2003:
there was a mate of mine living in Harlow near London - we never met before but just became friends via Maidenfansunited, he was a cool bloke, his real name was John, and on Maidenfansunited his name was Soundhouse. I was trying to get general info by the help of the forum on how I could get the easiest from London to Donington by public transport (a stupid idea as it turned out), and in the end he was so kind picking me up by car and we went together all the way north to Donington and had a great day.
the trip was exactly this:
getting up at home in Hannover, Germany, 4 a.m. to catch the early train to Hamburg airport to catch the early flight (9 a.m.) to London. meeting Soundhouse according to plan at Stansted airport 10:30 a.m. local time, crossing half England, arrival at Donington: about 4 pm. having a great day, met many other BBers from Maidenfansunited (were are you all today btw???), after Maiden closed their set: both searching Johns car for about two hours in darkness in the parking lot @ Donington. finally found it by 1 a.m., then again crossing half England, southward, got the early plane by 6 a.m. at Stansted back to Hamburg, there caught the noon train back home to Hannover, arrival by 2 pm at home - end of the trip. :nuts: :nuts::nuts:

me and Soundhouse/John met again at some Maiden festivals for a few pints later in 2005, for example in Bospop, it was always great fun. no idea were he is nowadays.

another crazy story was being on the road with my Swedish girlfriend in 2005: we got to know each other & later got together via Maidenfansunited actually. and we saw half Maidens Early Days tour of 2005, crossing Europe together in my old shitty car these days, saw them in Prague, in Leipzig, in Eindoven, in Dublin - were I even met the band - and a few other places. it was crazy and damn cool. :blush: and it all was truly rocknroll I'd say. :D

Last edited:
Or running from mines.
lol I'm no professional soldier, but pretty sure If you're around landmines running is one of the last things you should probably do. Besides listening to this song, of course. :D Also a very bad idea. It's just too bloody catchy, and eventually, BOOM!

Last edited:
lol I'm no professional soldier, but pretty sure If you're around landmines running is one of the last things you should probably do. Besides listening to this song, of course. :D Also a very bad idea. It's just too bloody catchy, and eventually, BOOM!

I was expecting it to be Everybody Jump Around from Jet Set Radio:

but it turns out Everybody Jump Around samples the song you just posted!

Reactions: Nyx
Back