Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Bloody hell! 600 pounds for 8 bottles of beer you cant ever drink without feeling like a total arse, even if you save one for decoration. No thank you. xD This is a bigger rip-off than NFTs. lol How do we even know theyre real and not a clever counterfeit? Too easy to fake, and too easy to dispute claims of it being ingenuine. Don't do it mate.

Last edited:
An NFT is a digital token that refers to a piece of art, that is traded as a commodity, as art is. Except you don't own the art, you own the digital token that refers to the art.
There exists a mechanism for creation of signature of any piece of data. You can extract an unique signature of an entire DVD, signature being just a handful of bytes long, DVD being gigabytes in length.

Two same DVDs yield the same signature. Change one bit on DVD, signature changes.

This technique is called hashing.

What NFT is, is a concept that you can "buy ownership" of something that's freely distributable over the internet, like a JPEG image, by having a record of buying its hash signature.

In total 5.yo terms it's like if a digital mona lisa gets released, even if the hi-res is paywalled, it will quickly be shared over the Internet for anyone with basic search skills. NFT thing allows someone to "own" the signature of the picture for reasons only known to them. It's a financial game alike crypto. They can claim assets. I don't know what the grand scheme is about, it's quite insane to me and really mocked in tech circles.

Furthermore, these nuts are pushing some sort of Web3.0 concept where everything is a microtransaction. There is a way to explain what it's all about and how it ties to NFTs and dystopian economy but it's 1 AM and that would be a long post.

The five year old specially skilled child in me says: "That sounds fucking stupid!"

:hbd: :shred:

Putting this guitarist emoji first and then typing before it is way more entertaining to me than it should be.

I was tasked with turning a Word document into a nice presentable table in PowerPoint. I worked on it until 2am last night. Now everyone's praising me for it instead of the person who wrote the document, which is made even worse by the fact that I just used someone else's table from 2 years ago and just copy-pasted the text from the Word document.

It's too late to admit it now. Not that I'd be in trouble as it's just some internal team presentation, but I feel slightly bad :D

Back