Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'm thinking of doing a discography listen for one of three bands. It's a hard choice.

Iron Maiden (haven't heard: back halves of all the 90's albums)
Metallica (haven't heard: Load, Reload, half of St. Anger, Lulu)
Megadeth (have heard: Rust In Peace, a quarter of both Countdown To Extinction and Youthanasia, United Abominations, Endgame)

I'm thinking of doing a discography listen for one of three bands. It's a hard choice.

Megadeth (have heard: Rust In Peace, a quarter of both Countdown To Extinction and Youthanasia, United Abominations, Endgame)

There must be better band options......

Megadave.

There must be better band options......
Well, there's also...

Opeth (have heard: Ghost Reveries, half of Still Life and Blackwater Park and Damnation and Sorceress)
King Crimson (have heard: Crimson King, Aspic, Red, Discipline, THRAK)
Rush (haven't heard: the epics on Caress Of Steel, anything past the first two songs on Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Test For Echo and Snakes And Arrows)

Well, there's also...

Opeth (have heard: Ghost Reveries, half of Still Life and Blackwater Park and Damnation and Sorceress)
King Crimson (have heard: Crimson King, Aspic, Red, Discipline, THRAK)
Rush (haven't heard: the epics on Caress Of Steel, anything past the first two songs on Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Test For Echo and Snakes And Arrows)
Seems you've heard a lot of those. Pick a new one.

Seems you've heard a lot of those. Pick a new one.
I'm not doing this to discover new bands; I'm doing it to find all the good songs in bands I think I know.
Think of it as research.
Edit: I should mention that I have a habit of dropping albums after the first few songs and never listening to them again. I'm trying to overcome that.

Any high points I should pay extra attention to?
The rest of Youthanasia and Countdown and The System Has Failed for sure. The 80s albums are classic but not exactly my favorites. Most people would say that 97-01 and 2011-13 are the weaker periods but to me it's all good. So just listen to them all, otherwise you might end up completely missing your favorite song. That's how I always think.

Back ache is a lot better, although I think I'll need to go again soon.

Tooth ache is not looking so good, it's better than it was this morning, but I think some procedure that involves anesthesia is gonna be inevitable... Might not be if the pain completely goes away in the next few days. If it lingers... surgery it is.

I visited a dentist in June for the first time in almost five years... Couldn't bring myself to do it when I should've.

Any high points I should pay extra attention to?
Peace Sells
So Far, So Good...So What!
(original reverby mix)
Rust In Peace (original mix because the re-recorded vocals on the remix are no bueno)
Youthanasia
The System Has Failed
Endgame
Dystopia

Rust In Peace (original mix because the re-recorded vocals on the remix are no bueno)
Oh, I know. The first version I ever listened to was the 2004 remix. It's a blatant case of "everything louder than everything else" production. The new vocals are... tolerable (with the exception of "brrrrrreak their pride" and a very strained "typhus" in Take No Prisoners), but the backing vocals are horrendous. The only good thing about it is that the final note of Hangar 18 is pitch-corrected.

The only good thing about it is that the final note of Hangar 18 is pitch-corrected.
The bass is a lot more present on the remix, which I actually liked because the original is a bit thin and flat. If they’d had the original vocal tracks for everything I might have even preferred the remix to the original...

Back