Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

However, the scottish historian on the BBC with the long hair
Neil Oliver.

LazySerpentineFlyingfox-max-1mb.gif

According to Wikipedia it's Là Bealltainn in Gaelic.

Just ordered a Yamaha THR 10 II.

Couldnt be happier to finally have a little amp again and its an audio interface as well.

Have any of you done similar things? Shocked or just annoyed people with your tastes in music?
The boyfriend used to baffle his schoolmates by being heavily into both classical music and scandanavian death metal :D

I've encountered a few people who express mild surprise that I'm into Maiden but are extremely surprised to discover that I possess an electric guitar :confused:

I used to use it a lot for A level English Language. I once had to transcribe a conversation between a mother and toddler from Sunderland. It was awful. The accent manages to cram together about four vowel sounds where one would do just fine. But unless you regularly deal wth IPA for a lot of different languages and accents, you won't be familiar with most of the symbols and sounds.

I used to use it a lot for A level English Language. I once had to transcribe a conversation between a mother and toddler from Sunderland. It was awful. The accent manages to cram together about four vowel sounds where one would do just fine. But unless you regularly deal wth IPA for a lot of different languages and accents, you won't be familiar with most of the symbols and sounds.
So can you answer srfc's question on the pronunciation of Beltane, or rather Là Bealltainn ([l̪ˠaː ˈpjaul̪ˠt̪ɪɲ]) in Scottish Gaelic?

Back