Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Megabus for the win :okok:
My only cultural reference for Megabus:
twB5zrCUIHnHYsd7gyk3gTrjqhqR9jiG5piGRpA3lm8.png

I saw at least six dolphins playing in the sea this afternoon :)

Just off from Scarborough Castle.

I saw some porpoises on a ferry ride up north during my vacation. I did not know until just now that the English name was porpoise.

And now I know why one particular type of error while landing an aircraft is called porpoising. I have fortunately never done that.

Wth. I've never yet seen a dolphin and I look out for them on every coastline. I've even failed to see them around Jersey.

I saw some porpoises on a ferry ride up north during my vacation. I did not know until just now that the English name was porpoise.

And now I know why one particular type of error while landing an aircraft is called porpoising. I have fortunately never done that.
Extra points for recognising the difference between porpoising and a phugoid :p

Apart from that porpoising is something that occurs by conscious (but too large) control inputs by the pilot whereas a phugoid cycle can sustain itself with no pilot input? (And that porpoising happens only during landing and involves bouncing off the ground)?

Wth. I've never yet seen a dolphin and I look out for them on every coastline. I've even failed to see them around Jersey.
I never have before and I wasn't expecting to today - I thought they preferred warmer waters than what you find around North Yorkshire. But we were walking along Marine Drive looking out to sea and I noticed something that looked like a dorsal fin so I said "is that a shark out there?" thinking I was being funny. But then it appeared again and I realised it was a dolphin. Then I saw that there were several of them.

My big regret was not having my proper camera with me ... :(

I shall have to disagree with you there - IMO BOP lacked the overwhelmingly cheesy goodness of the Kabanen albums

Also weird that two of the best songs on it were confined to bonus track status

Back