Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

phantomoftheicarus

Bleeding Freak
So my Acer laptop has a backlit keyboard, but the light turns off after 30 seconds because of a BIOS setting. So I changed that and the backlight stayed on initially, but when I switched it on today the backlight keeps switching off after 30 seconds even though the BIOS settings are still set not to do that. Battery power saving also isn't interfering with it

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
What's the British definition of "Smarties"? In Germany they're similar to M&M's, while in America they're a sort of tablet candy.

Black Abyss Babe

Quantum weather butterfly
What's the British definition of "Smarties"? In Germany they're similar to M&M's, while in America they're a sort of tablet candy.
They're like m&m's - chocolate beans coated in sugar. Only since they've removed all the interesting stuff (ie the artificial colours and flavourings that allegedly made the kids hyper) they've become kind of dull. I'm therefore forced to conclude that if I want an approximation of the Smarties of my childhood I'd be better to go for m&m's ...

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
Are they a bit fizzy?
I don't think I'd call them "fizzy", but they're very tangy. It's a very sour / sweet texture, with all the sugar and additives running the line so thinly that I wouldn't actually call them solely sour or solely sweet. Weird to describe them.

Black Abyss Babe

Quantum weather butterfly
I thought of Parma Violets or Love Hearts. Both are gross. :p
Correct - they were basically the same as any other Swizzles candy and it was all awful. I remember they had a kind of a "cold" taste (I can't think of another way to put it) and they had a really indistinct flavour (?or flavours) which, without giving the slightest impression that they were attempting to imitate any known flavour, somehow still managed to taste totally artificial. A few years ago they were in the news because they'd decided to add a few "updated" messages to the Love Hearts like "Text Me" and I thought "surely the real news here is: people are still buying those hideous things??"
o_O