Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Internet arguments. They're like a scar that you can't help but scratch. You know it's not productive, you know you're going to say "why" afterwards and you think it's annoying, but you still end up doing it because it has this weird entertainment value to it.

Operation shrink Bearfan is working great. Early June I weighed (bleh) 236.7lbs (107Kg), got down to 199.4lbs (90.4Kg) today. Goal is 185 (84Kg), feel a lot better .. more energy, old aches and pains are going away, etc. Wish I had done this sooner.

Basically I have been eating less for breakfast, I cut 5 regular Mountain Dews a day to 2 Mountain Dew Ice's a day, and walk 4-5 miles (6.5-8km) at a rapid pace (when I get back, I am pouring with sweat ... I go at about 4MPH (6.5 KM/hr) and twice a week I add run intervals over 2 miles at 6MPH aka 9.6KM/hr). I have only missed 5 days over the past few months (bad allergies one day, pouring rain twice, early work stuff twice)

Has been easier than I thought it would be.

Guess I am just bragging here.

Good job! Now, if only I could achieve the opposite.

Seems like anyone remotely near the left is a "libtard communist" and anyone who is remotely near the right is a "nazi racist". God forbid that two people have mildly differing opinions.
Love this bit and 100% true

I'm spending most of the day at work watching American news coverage of Florence. There's been many power cuts so I wonder if we might not hear from Diesel for a while.

Money is great.
lars-ulrich-2.jpg

I like the album by and large, but Money is the weakest "proper" song on it, IMHO.

Good job! Now, if only I could achieve the opposite.

If it makes you feel any better .. and it should not ... I had the same problem when I was younger. I am 6'2" (about 188cm) tall and had a hell of a time getting much above 150 lbs (68KG) for years .. then I woke up one day and said what the fuck happened, I am getting fat .. and now I have to work out to get to something reasonable :)

Good luck reaching your goals. I am big boned :) Seriously, that's not an excuse for obesity but my skeletal structure is a bit more massive and heavier than it should be, I'm just an inch over your height but I would be essentially dead below 80kg. With 82-3 kg I'm so skinny that you can count every bone. So my ideal target would be 90 kg, that would require fixed routine and watching over nutrition. With some mind-what-you-eat and few minutes of daily workout + usual bike commute I'm around 93 kg. If I let loose I can easily go to close to 100kg in a matter of few weeks, which happened earlier this year when I fucked up my shoulder and had to rest.

The most important thing is that I'm not giving up on sweets, cakes, cookies, chocolate, any of it. I think if you cut down on soft drinks and fried stuff you can live through a candy bar or two.

Back